The games Little Princess and Little Vampire were made by Alice Soft
back when they were called Champion Soft. They were made in 1987 and 1988 respectively. These two games would become the foundation for the Rance series and are very important for its backstory.
One day, while Kentarou and Miki were on a date in Japan, a mysterious vampire-looking man kidnaps Miki and escapes through a wormhole. Kentarou, convinced that Count Dracula
stole his girlfriend, grabs his wooden kendo sword and chases after him.
Not to be confused with A Little Princess
, or The Little Prince
A summary can be read here.◊
- Backstory: Immense. Here is are links to images with translated information on the timeline of the world and of the Legendary Five (of which Nikkou was a member.)
- Bittersweet Ending: The two games end with Miki and Kentarou accepting that they cannot return to their homeworld and adventuring to find a way to avoid Miki's fate as Demon King.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Kentarou, due to the game's text-input interface. Almost every puzzle has a joke option like making him try to eat rocks instead of searching them.
- I Let You Win: Demon King Gi lets Kentarou kill him since he already accomplished his goal of turning Miki into the Demon King.
- MacGuffin: Hirami Lemons which are used to suppress the transformation into a Demon King.
- Mistaken Identity: Kentarou mistakes Demon King Gi for Count Dracula.
- Our Demons Are Different: They are created by the Gods as part of a system to cause chaos and entertain.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The one who is Demon King has the title of "Vampire of the Bloodpool"
- Peaceful In Death: Demon King Gi because he has already made Miki into the Demon King.
- Sword of Plot Advancement: Holy Sword Nikkou
- Trapped in Another World
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Demon King Gi needed to find an heir that would be able to control the bloodlust of a Demon King as well as he did before his time as Demon King was up. He made many children including Hornet, but none of them satisfied him. He had to resort to going to a different dimension to find the best candidate which happened to be Miki.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Becoming a Demon King means you attain immense amounts of bloodlust as well. When Miki ran out of Hirami Lemons to suppress her bloodlust in her native dimension, she nearly destroyed all of Japan. Kentarou and Miki were forced to go back and the portal they used was destroyed.