Video Game / Legend of Princess
A video game
made by Joakim Sandberg, heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda
series, but ultimately a Platform Game
in its own right. Classifies lightly as a Fan Remake
, though the intent was more to explore dynamic level generation in response to the player's choice of equipment.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Zelda.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The Boss Subtitles for King Gohnad practically urge you to do this. Although, the weak point is not the obvious giant eye.
- Attack Reflector: Your shield against the aquatic enemies.
- Block Puzzle: In the right locked room. The wallmaster may interfere though.
- Boss Subtitles: King Gohnad is an "armored monster with crippling weak point".
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: The blue water monster is just the brain and watery connector of King Gohnad
- Bullfight Boss: Dark Link
- Crystal Prison: parodied. The prison containing zelda slowly descends... before cutting out halfway, leaving her to float for a second before she crashes down.
- Dash Attack: One of your abilities and hence one of Dark "Link's." Doesn't work out so well for the latter though.
- Double Jump: The Feather item.
- Go for the Eye: Played with with King Ghonad, as his eye is invulnerable like most of him is. This would be an aversion but he has another, different weak-spot, and considering the trend for Zelda bosses to have their eyes as weakspots, it's a Subverted Trope here....
- Ground Pound: Your Sword Plant, as below.
- In the Back: Don't swing your sword when facing away from Dark "Link", or this will result. You hoist him by his petard here by getting him to block, then jumping behind him and hitting him.
- Evil Twin: Dark "Link".
- Expy: Of Link, Ganon, Octorocks, Keese, and various others.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In addition to the Tennis Boss, you ultimately beat Dark "link" this way, with the method varying depending on which phase he's in.
- Fearful Symmetry: Dark "Link," to the point that he gains a copy of whatever projectile weapon you're using, and almost all your moves. You can't attack head on because of this trope.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Both of the "Links."
- Rolling Attack
- Spin Attack: In addition to the traditional horizontal version, you can use a variant where you spin vertically like a buzzsaw, destroying everything in your way.
- Sword Plant: Weaponised by both "Link" and Dark "Link." Parodied in that after doing so they have trouble taking it OUT of the ground. Exploiting this is key to hurting dark link in his third phase.
- Mirror Match: Dark "Link".
- Mirror Monster: Variant with a reflection off water instead, courtesy of Dark "Link," before he rises out of the reflection to fight. He attacks you from the reflection as well, late into the fight, via Sword Plant.
- My Brain Is Big: King Gohnads' exposed gohnads- I mean, brain.
- Puzzle Boss: Dark link could qualify, due to the need to Hoist by His Own Petard.
- No Arc in Archery: The Bow.
- Tennis Boss: The Phantom "Ganon" boss. You have the option of subverting it and simply stabbing the shot while he's still charging it.
- Video Game Flight: Courtesy of the Cuckoo. Just make sure you remember where you left it...