Video Game / LEGO Battles
is a Real-Time Strategy
game for the Nintendo DS
devloped by Hellbent Games
and co-developed by TT Games
, released June 9 of 2009. The game features a story mode of three different storylines for three themes: Each story features 15 missions, three acts and around 4-6 missions per act. Alongside, each side gains a sub-faction such as the Dwarfs for the King, Trolls for the Wizard, etc. As per any other LEGO Adaptation Game
, hilarity is rife in the cutscenes, minikits can be found for special characters and red bricks can be obtained for extras.
Examples within the game include:
- A Commander Is You: Done in an odd fashion, free play allows you to customize the specific units you use to suit your play-style.
- Action Girl: The Queen, Sorceress, Lady Pirate, Camilla, Gemma and the Alien Queen.
- Arbitrary Headcount Limit: Taken Up to Eleven. You can have, at most, twenty individual units, one hero, and four vehicles. The Alien Criminal Leader and Agent Chase's hotwire ability allows you to steal enemy vehicles and go over this cap, however. Of course, the limit may be because the DS is a relatively old console with limited capabilities.
- Area of Effect: The King's earthquake, the Wizard's lightning, etc. Bonus points with the long range magic extra.
- Baseless Mission
- Color-Coded Armies: Blue for the King and Imperials, Red for the Wizard and Pirates, Orange for Gemma, Green for the aliens. The third side in missions tend to be green, unless the aliens are present then it's usually blue.
- Construct Additional Pylons
- Command & Conquer Economy
- Defog of War: It can be done through the extras, either to reveal red bricks, minikits, blue studs or even the entire map.
- Hero Unit: A lot of them, along with secret ones the player can unlock
- <Hero> Must Survive: Certain missions feature this, along with being unable to construct the building that produces the peons or the hero
- Hold the Line
- Holiday Mode: Playing the game on December 24 or 25 unlocks Santa. Obviously, since it's a console game, one can simply change the DS's time to such to unlock it without penalty.
- Instant Militia: Peon units of any side don't attack by default, and when ordered to do so, they barely do any damage so consider it a form of Cherry Tapping.
- Kinetic Weapons Are Just Better: The pirate gunner and the imperial rifleman are able to dish out more damage than the commando or alien laser trooper.
- Protection Mission
- Ridiculously Fast Construction: Especially when you have your peons/hero helping with such. It can be taken to instant construction via the extras.
- Rock Beats Laser: It's entirely possible, in freeplay, to have the pirates go up against aliens and win.
- Secret Character: Agent Chase can be unlocked.
- Worker Unit
- You Require More Vespene Gas
- Zerg Rush