Video Game / Kingdom Days
is a Dating Sim
by Pacthesis that you can find here
Rose Urwin (or whatever you call her
) is the princess of the Lunar Kingdom. Ever since she was found by her parents, Sakka and Lilla, in an orphanage and brought to live in the castle, her life has been one of ease, especially with her personal servant and childhood friend, Lewis Ashton
. However, that all changes when the castle is attacked by enemy soldiers and she and Lewis are forced to flee. They escape to the neighboring kingdom of Hepcatsis, where they meet the king, Joseph Knight
. He only allows them to stay when Lewis impulsively offers Rose's hand in marriage to him, which he accepts (much to Rose's dismay).
Problem is, he immediately departs for an unknown destination just the day after, leaving behind only a note saying he'll be back before the wedding, which takes place in thirty days. Those thirty days are enough for Rose to find love in Hepcatsis with either Lewis, Daniel Claud, Ian Leroy, Ferris Vidal, or Joseph himself when he returns.
Tropes present in this work:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Part of Ferris's backstory is that a mob of townspeople hated him for being a vampire and, after accusing him of murdering a woman, consequently locked him up inside the same coffin that Rose later frees him from.
- Arranged Marriage: Joseph and Rose being betrothed is what starts the entire plot.
- Betty and Veronica: Lewis, the Nice Guy childhood friend Betty, and Joseph, the aloof Ice King Veronica, play this for Rose. Depending on the ending, she can choose either of them or a Third-Option Love Interest (Daniel, Ian, or Ferris).
- Childhood Friends: Rose and Lewis, who first met when they were kids.
- Cutting Off the Branches: Sakka, a romance option in Anime Sim Date 2.5 and Memory Days, is now married to Lilla, someone else than Ai.
- Dating Sim
- Defrosting Ice King: Joseph, if the player explores his romance route. And even if the player doesn't, Joseph lets Rose choose whether or not to marry him on the day of their wedding in the end.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Rose is the princess of the Lunar Kingdom.
- Ghost Shipping: Daniel is a ghost, making Rose/Daniel this.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: You can change Rose's name if you want.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Daniel has red hair and is one of the potential love interests, though it's only in effect if Rose gets together with him.
- Interspecies Romance: If Rose and Ferris get together, since the former is a human and the latter is a vampire.
- Also Rose and Ian, as Ian is possibly a werewolf, maybe just a wolf demon of some sort. It's not specified and if you ask him if he's a cat he'll just say he's a wolf.
- Jerkass: Joseph, at the beginning. He becomes considerably less so over the course of the story.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Inverted: Sakka and Lilla are actually Lewis's biological parents, not Rose's.
- Multiple Endings
- Nice Guy: Lewis is the most openly kind and caring about Rose out of all her love interests.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Defied. Rose, being a bit of a Tomboy Princess, isn't fond of pink, as shown by her less-than-fond reaction to Lewis buying her a pink dress. Lewis insists it's fuchsia.
- Rescue Romance: Ferris, one of the possible love interests, is first introduced when Rose frees him from his coffin.
- Romantic Vampire Boy: Ferris.
- Significant Anagram: "Hepcatsis" is an anagram of "Pacthesis," the user name of the game's creator.
- Unequal Pairing: Rose and pretty much anyone other than Joesph, since she's a Princess and they're commoners, or her servant.