Colossal Kaiju Combat: Bringing giant monster fans together for the ultimate giant monster experience!Kaiju Combat
, officially known as Colossal Kaiju Combat
, is a series of video games currently constructed by independent video game developer Sunstone Games
and Simon Strange, centered on kaiju
The first full game in the series, The Fall of Nemesis
, will feature the eponymous monster from the novel Project Nemesis
, from renowned author Jeremy Robinson, as the main antagonist and a playable character, along with many original (and most of which are fan-created
) characters.Colossal Kaiju Combat: Kaijuland Battles
was released on Steam
Early Access on August 11, 2014. It is in an alpha stage, and currently consists of only four characters. It currently costs a few dollars to play, but the final release will be free-to-play.
The developers intend to include as many famous giant monsters as possible in future updates
, with many fan suggestions ranging from the iconic to the obscure.
This franchise provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: Kaiju names range from Chelonra, Bakuyoku, and Ouroboros to Duncan, Solomon, and Prospector Pete.
- Behemoth Battle: It's right there in the title.
- Collectible Card Game: New kaiju are sponsored to join the card game first, then their cards are voted in for progenitor status.
- Kaiju: Note the enlarged word in the title.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Each kaiju's name is what observers tend to call it, not necessarily what the kaiju calls itself.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: The Developers are already in negotiations with Toho to include Godzilla and other Toho monsters in a future release, and plan on adding Giant monsters from as many franchises as they can get the rights to. Some fan suggestions have included: Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Ultra Seven, the Cthulhu Mythos, Talos, Mr. Stay Puft, Ymir, Rhedosaurus, Agon, Reptilicus, Zarkorr the Invader, Kraa the Sea Monster, Dol, Battle Birth, Vavilos, Gappa, Gehara, DeathKappa, Reigo, Raiga, Guilala and Take-Majin, Yonggary and Cykor, Giant Robo, the cast of King Of The Monsters, Zone Fighter, The Evangelion Series, Mazinger Z, Megas XLR, and Ogra.
- Our Spirits Are Different: The Kaijujin. Not gods but capable of subtle influence, they represent a kaiju's Ferocity, Fortitude, Agility, and Power and can bestow favours on those that appease the spirit of a particular aspect. They are also capable of bestowing enhanced power to a singular champion, and even moving kaiju across time, space, and dimension. They also serve as a memetic "A Wizard Did It" excuse for nitpick details.
The Fall of Nemesis provides examples of:
- Action Girl: DragonLotus is this even in her Mara human identity.
- Aerith and Bob: Nemesis, Ikameijin, Tornaq, Moratitan, Macrosaurus, DragonLotus, Heart Eater, Lycanoid, Katyusha, Tursacra, and... Duncan.
- Aliens Are Bastards: Ikameijin and Heart Eater are the only aliens in the first game; both have evil intentions. It should be noted that a third of the kaiju voting roster featured aliens, although it seems that the voters preferred terrestrial monsters at the time. Supposedly that dampered the idea of heavy use of alien environments.
- Bad with the Bone: Lycanoid can extract and wield bone knives when his nanomachine side is dominant.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Macrosaurus and Duncan as both of them had a history before Kaiju Combat.
- Decided By One Vote: Supposedly how Moratitan made the roster in the first game.
- Extreme Omnivore: Macrosaurus's personality in a nutshell, to the point of eating space-time.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: DragonLotus, Tornaq, and Tursacra, all of whom fight for the balance of nature.
- Killer Rabbit: Katyusha was just a simple mouse that had a sentient bio-mechanical AI grafted onto her. Most of the time her mouse instincts will cause her to evade, but when the AI takes over, it will attack with its powerful cannon.
- Meaningful Name: Ikameijin's name translates to Squid Master, fitting as he was an overlord before the events of the first game.
- Vampiric Draining: Will happen to Katyusha while her energy meter is fully charged because of her S.C.U.D. Cannon.
Yellow mecha with thunder motifs are manly, can you feel the storm?
The official concept characters provide examples of:
- Healing Hands: One of Hound of Nita's powers, somewhat subverted as it is with a beam rather than her hands.