Ikenie No Yoru (Night Of The Sacrifice) is a horror adventure game released for the Nintendo Wii console, by Marvelous Entertainment, with a rather unique gimmick: You use the Wii Balance Board (optional) to control your movement, aswell as your movement speed.
You switch between controlling one of the five teenage protagonists in the game; Black, Blue, Yellow, Pink and Red
, all whom can be renamed, as the player sees fit. The group decides to go on a trip to the Tsukuyomi Ravine, where people used to sacrifice people to the gods, since Black's father owns the mansion that lies near it. So, why not explore the mansion near the ravine in a "test of courage"
If you guessed correctly, things won't be going well...
This game contains these tropes:
- Button Mashing: If you use the Wiimote only (not using a Balance Board), you have to tap the Wiimote's forward button to run fast.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The playable characters, who are supposed to be your friends.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: The player can't defend themselves and die in one hit, encouraging you to dodge and learn the patterns of the ghosts that haunt the mansion.
- No Export for You: The game only saw a Japanese release. There's a project to create a fan translation, although the progress for it is unknown.
- Playable Epilogue: Staring you as yourself.