Video Game: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is the fourth main game of Neptunia series for PlayStation 4 created by Compile Heart, released in late April 2015.Taking place after the True Ending of Victory, the story itself will covering three different dimensions:
- Zerodimension Neptunia Z - The Ragnarok of the Goddesses in Critical Moment: The dimension where the entire world (Gamindustri) has been destroyed.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia G - The Golden Vanguards, The Ones that Bring Innovation: The world where Neptune and the others live. This dimension tells the rise of a new power.
- Heartdimension Neptunia H - The Trilogy Finale, Towards Legend: A dimension full with uncovered mysteries.
Tropes in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II:
- Call Back: Adult Neptune is proficient with both handguns and swords, referencing the first game's Sword and Gun combat performed by the CPUs. Even the pistol she uses is the exact same pistol wielded by Neptune for her gun attacks in the first game.
- Darker and Edgier: Compared to Victory, if not the rest of main entries, particularly with mk2 in terms of edginess. The premises like "The goddess who fell into the dark side", "The modification of Gamindustri" and "The biggest threat in the series will arrive", as well one of the official pictures depicting Gamindustri into ruins indicating this installment much darker than other main games. Additionally, the new antagonists in this series arguably much more dangerous than ASIC and Seven Sages.
- Double Meaning Title: The initials "VII" in the title have two meanings. One is that the game is a sequel to Victory. The second is that, if you count the Vita games except the remakes, this is the seventh game of the franchise.
- Evil Counterpart/The Rival: The Gold Third serves as this for the goddesses.
- Mid-Season Upgrade/Next Tier Power-Up: Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert gains the new power called Next Form which uses up an EXE Drive Gauge whenever they transform.
- Recycled Premise: The beginning of the story more or less similar with Victory.
- Put on a Bus/What Happened to the Mouse?: Despite the events of the true ending of Victory leaving no excuse for this, Word of God has confirmed that Plutia and Peashy will be absent from this game, and Ultradimension now no longer become a focus.
- Shout-Out: This series has its own page.
- Take That: The descriptions of the members of the Gold Third definitely come off as jabs to the respective game companies they represent. For example, S-Sha is a failed movie maker, while B-Sha asks for payment for every single damn thing.
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart UsefulNotes/The Eighth Generation of Console Video Games Little King's Story