Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is the fourth main game of Neptunia
series for PlayStation 4
created by Compile Heart
. Announced at the 2014 Dengeki Stage Event
The story itself will covering three different dimensions:
- Zerodimension Neptunia Z - The Ragnarok of the Goddesses in Critical Moment: The dimension where the entire world (Gamindustri) has been destroyed.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia G - The Golden Vanguards, The Ones that Bring Innovation: The world where Neptune and the others live. This dimension tells the rise of a new power.
- Heartdimension Neptunia H - The Trilogy Finale, Towards Legend: A dimension full with uncovered mysteries.
This installment introduces an older Neptune, but unlike the Neptune we know, she cannot transform into Goddess. However, her personality is generally same albeit calmer, which possibly an Ultradimension counterpart of her Hyperdimension self
. She will be joined by a new character named Uzume Tennohoshi/Uranus Uzume
, a girl with red pigtails and carries an orange and black megaphone as her weapon
See the teasers here
, and here
Tropes in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II:
- Darker and Edgier: This is arguably the darkest Neptunia main entry, if some teasers to be believe. The premises like "The goddess who fell into the dark side", "The modification of Gamindustri" and "The biggest threat in the series will arrive", as well one of the official pictures depicting Gamindustri into ruins indicating this installment much darker than other main games. Additionally, the new antagonists in this series arguably much more dangerous than ASIC and Seven Sages.
- Additionally, Uzume's narration in TGS 2014 teaser as if she's pleading help, further indicating this game much darker than mk2/Re;Birth2, if not the rest of Neptunia series.
- Double Meaning Title: The initials "VII" in the title have two meanings. One is that the game might be a sequel to Victory. The second is that, if you count the Vita games except the remakes, this is the seventh game of the franchise.
- However, Word of God confirms despite the title, this game is not a direct sequel to Victory.
- Evil Counterpart/The Rival: The Gold Third serves as this for the goddesses.
- Mid-Season Upgrade/Next Tier Power-Up: Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert gains the new power called Next Form.
- Recycled Premise: The beginning of the story more or less similar with Victory.
- Put on a Bus/What Happened to the Mouse?: Despite the events of the true ending of Victory leaving no excuse for this, Word of God has confirmed that Plutia and Peashy will be absent from this game.
- Shout-Out: This series has its own page.