Video Game: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II is the fourth main game of Neptunia
series for PlayStation 4
created by Compile Heart
. Announced at the 2014 Dengeki Stage Event
and set to be released in late April 2015.
The story itself will covering three different dimensions:
- Zerodimension Neptunia Z - The Ragnarok of the Goddesses in Critical Moment: The dimension where the entire world (Gamindustri) has been destroyed.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia G - The Golden Vanguards, The Ones that Bring Innovation: The world where Neptune and the others live. This dimension tells the rise of a new power.
- Heartdimension Neptunia H - The Trilogy Finale, Towards Legend: A dimension full with uncovered mysteries.
This installment introduces an older Neptune, but unlike the Neptune we know, she cannot transform into Goddess. However, her personality is generally same albeit calmer, and could be possibly be the Ultradimension counterpart of her Hyperdimension self
. She will be joined by a new character named Uzume Tennoboshi/Uranus Uzume
, a girl with red pigtails and carries an orange and black megaphone as her weapon
See the teasers here
, and here
Tropes in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II:
- Call Back: Ultradimension Neptune is proficient with both handguns and swords, referencing the first game's Sword and Gun combat performed by the CPUs. Even the pistol she uses is the exact same pistol wielded by Neptune for her gun attacks in the first game.
- Darker and Edgier: This is arguably the darkest Neptunia main entry, if some teasers to be believe. The premises like "The goddess who fell into the dark side", "The modification of Gamindustri" and "The biggest threat in the series will arrive", as well one of the official pictures depicting Gamindustri into ruins indicating this installment much darker than other main games. Additionally, the new antagonists in this series arguably much more dangerous than ASIC and Seven Sages.
- Additionally, Uzume's narration in TGS 2014 teaser as if she's pleading for help, further indicating this game much darker than mk2/Re;Birth2, if not the rest of Neptunia series.
- Double Meaning Title: The initials "VII" in the title have two meanings. One is that the game might be a sequel to Victory. The second is that, if you count the Vita games except the remakes, this is the seventh game of the franchise.
- Evil Counterpart/The Rival: The Gold Third serves as this for the goddesses.
- Mid-Season Upgrade/Next Tier Power-Up: Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert gains the new power called Next Form.
- Recycled Premise: The beginning of the story more or less similar with Victory.
- Put on a Bus/What Happened to the Mouse?: Despite the events of the true ending of Victory leaving no excuse for this, Word of God has confirmed that Plutia and Peashy will be absent from this game. Although there's an implication the adult Neptune is actually from Ultradimension.
- Shout-Out: This series has its own page.
- Take That: The descriptions of the members of the Gold Third definitely come off as jabs to the respective game companies they represent. For example, S-Sha is a failed movie maker, while B-Sha asks for payment for every single damn thing.