Video Game: Homesick
Homesick is a 2012 freeware horror game created by Chloe Sagal.The player assumes the role of an unnamed woman who visits her friend's new house—the new house he happened to build on the same plot of land her brother, his wife, and a slew of other people were murdered at. From here, you must evade a mysterious killer who appears at your every turn.You can find it here.
Homesick contains examples of:
- Implacable Man: The Killer.
- Except for a second or two when he first JumpScares you.
- Jump Scare: Good God.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "A medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Interesting. Why is that interesting? Why am I talking to myself?"
- Nameless Narrative: The only characters named are two bodies in the basement, Stephanie and Ted.
- Random Event: Everything from the killer to where the items/safes are located.
- Retraux: Of old-style point and click horror games, ala Clock Tower.
- "A wooden box. At least it's not a barrel. Fucking barrels."