Video Game: HoboWars
HoboWars is an online, HTML-based game that's based on hobos.
Tropes used in HoboWars include:
- Acceptable Break from Reality
- Anti-Poop Socking : Most in-game actions require Awake, which replenishes over time. Players can use the premium currency to buy more Awake, but only up to a limited number of times per day.
- Artistic License: food can be made from and separated into unpalatable ingredients. For example, the Junior Mints are made with chocolate ice cream, Altoids and a bottle of lye.
- Bag of Holding: There appears to be no limit on how much stuff can be put in the player's backpack.
- Booze-Based Buff: Many of the mixed drinks give the player a temporary status effect that gives them special abilities. Being very drunk also allows the player to dodge some blows, as well as hit the opponent in a "very sensitive" area, doing additional damage. It also increases the chance at which skills are fired.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: Players can use the hospital to fully heal themselves at a small cost. Losing to other players does decrease the win rate, but a high win rate has no benefits other than allowing the player to enter Bernard's Mansion for free.
- Hobo: Duh!
- Money Sink
- Parody: The three adventures are based on The Lord of the Rings, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Apocalypse Now.
- Rare Guns
- Rule of Funny
- Secret Test of Character: The end of the second adventure.
- Shout-Out: Lots