Hill Climb Racing
is a mobile game developed by Fingersoft
. Despite its title, you never actually end up racing in the game.
You are a man driving in various vehicles, trying to reach the end of each stage, be it in a motorbike in the countryside, or a monster truck on the moon. You can earn coins by collecting them in each stage, by receiving big air timenote
, or doing tricks in midair in your vehicle. You can use your coins to unlock new vehicles or upgrade the ones you already have, as well as purchase new terrain. The only obstacles you face throughout the entire game are getting your neck snapped
through reckless driving and running out of fuelnote
. That's the plot, and it's pretty straight forward.
The original version of the game came with four vehicles, though more were added through eventual updating.
- Jeep◊: The default car. Jeep is good with off-road courses, such as the cave. It's pretty much the most normal of the vehicles, and arguably one of the best once its potential has been fully upgraded.
- Motorcross Bike◊: The second vehicle, the motorcross bike offers a significantly wider range of mid-air control than other vehicles. Out of the original four vehicles, it was the only one to be featured a color other than red.
- Monster Truck◊: The third original vehicle, the monster truck featured most similarities with the jeep. They are both off-road vehicles, though the monster truck is heavier, and built more for 4WD.
- Quad Bike◊: The first vehicle to be added through an update. Not as similar to the motorcross bike as you might think, the quad bike is a 4WD vehicle that is faster and easier to control on the ground.
- Race Car◊: The last of the original cars. It was the fastest, yet its speed was countered by its particular need for a downforce to make sure the front of the car could stay leveled with the back.
- Rally Car: Faster and heavier than the race car, the rally car offers many differences to previous vehicles by offering a combination of the monster truck's weight, the jeep's off-road, and the race car's speed.
- Tank◊: The tank is the latest vehicle available via update. It offers possibly the most unique style of gameplay than any of the other vehicles, in that its treads are a set of wheels that balances out the terrain as best as they can. It also needs fuel upgrading due to the sheer speed of its energy consumption.
- Artistic License - Astronomy: You can't breathe on Mars or the Moon. Since Alien Planet isn't real, it can be presumed that there's no atmosphere, since there's none on the Moon or Mars.
- Probably more a case of Batman Can Breathe in Space than astronomy. And of course, we don't KNOW that Alien Planet doesn't have an atmosphere.
- Badass Normal: The jeep, your default car, definitely proves itself as one of the best and most balanced vehicles once it has been completely upgraded.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: The guy who drives all of these vehicles never wears anything special on the Moon, Mars, or Alien Planet.
- Cool Car: All the cars!
- The Generic Guy: The driver.
- Neck Snap: One of the two ways you can lose. Aim it right, and you can get extra points for a Neck Flip!
- Red Ones Go Faster: Despite most of the cars being red, the race car was originally the fasted. Averted once the blue rally car is unlocked.
- Shifting Sand Land: The Desert.
- Some Kind of Force Field: The game only lets you go so far backwards.
- Tank Goodness: The latest vehicle is a tank.