Harmony is a freeware first-person shooter for Windows based on the ZDoom
source port of the classic game Doom
, channeling the spirit of circa-1990s Doom clones.Get it here!
- Action Girl: Harmony, the title character.
- After the End
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: The game begins in the middle of the Pax Pox raiding a major base of the Amazons and taking her leader Amira hostage.
- Amazon Brigade: Harmony and the rest of La Résistance.
- And Man Grew Proud
- Big Bad: Echinda
- Body Horror: However the Pax Pox supervirus works, it's a nasty piece of work.
- Broken Bridge: There is often an obstacle blocking your progress.
- Crapsack World: Earth is a toxic, war-torn Hellhole, half of the human race has been turned into horrifically mutated berserkers, and furthermore one has to wonder how La Résistance will repopulate the Earth if they win if they haven't perfected cloning...
- Damage Sponge Boss: The Centaurs, armed with dual rocket/landmine launchers and quite resistant to damage. In Map 06: The Weapons Factory, they are the exclusive enemy (unless you play on an easier difficulty, in which case you might find a few of them replaced.)
- Dead Man Writing: Found in The Underwater Lab, describing where the leader is located.
- The End: The exit of the final level shows this on a raising door.
- Gatling Good: Like in the original Doom, if fired in controlled mouse-tap bursts the gatling gun is quite precise.
- Gendercide: In this case, the male half of Earth's population is not outright exterminated but transformed into violent, monstrous mutants. By the end of the game, it is discovered that they found how to do the same to females.
- Genre Throwback: To '90s Doom clones, of all things.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: The Z Doom engine supports jumping, but the game is designed without jumping in mind. Your progress is therefore blocked by easily climbable obstacles.
- Meat Moss: The Pax Pox seem to be placing this stuff around, especially in The Undersea Lab.
- More Dakka: The minigun uses more shots compared to Doom's chaingun, and has a higher spread. The Entropy Thrower is a more effective version of the basic weapon, but it consumes ammo.
- Ranged Emergency Weapon: The Neutron Gun is long range, has infinite ammo, but is slow firing.