Video Game: Grandia Xtreme
Tropes associated with Grandia Xtreme:
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: During final battle.
- An Ice Person: Myam. Two of her special moves are ice elemental.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Some of the Combination Attacks are flashy, but some just plain hack and slash multiple times for big hits.
- BFS: Brandol
- Big Bad: Quanlee.
- Big Eater: Brandol.
- The Big Guy: Brandol, Ulk.
- Blow You Away: Howlnado spell.
- Bonus Dungeon: 100 floors Vortex Corridor.
- Bonus Boss: Level 200 Zenothlee.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Ben's Son.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Brandol to Wendy, Lutina to Evann. Averted by Lutina in the second ending: "We'll be waiting. By then... I'll be more attractive to you."
- Cliché Storm
- Cloning Blues: Lutina's Dragon Mirage.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Combination Attack: The first of the series.
- Cognizant Limbs: The series' staple for bosses.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Some battle themes.
- Deadpan Snarker: Evann, Jaid.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Quanlee.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Lutina in the post ending.
- Dungeon Crawling
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: BA-BOOM! spell.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Ben's Wife and Ben's Son.
- Everything Is Better With Spinning: Brandol's Spinning Slash and Tornado Slash.
- Eyes Always Shut: Ben's Wife.
- Fantastic Racism: Brandol has something against Archadians. The feeling is mutual with Jaid.
- Fiery Red Head: Myam. Ironically that she's more of An Ice Person.
- Fight Woosh: Glass shattering type.
- Flawless Victory: Ending a battle without taking any damage will earn you bonus EXP range from 20% to 100%.
- Fragile Speedster: Titto, Lutina.
- Gaiden Game
- Genki Girl: Myam.
- Heel Face Turn: Quanlee.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Dean Cain as Evann, Lisa Loeb as Lutina, Mark Hamill as Kroitz, and so on.
- Hot Blooded: Evann.
- Hot Mom: Ben's Wife. Oh so much.
- Idiot Hero: Evann.
- Infinity–1 Sword: The Zero weapons, which increase EXP gained when equipped but zero attack power.
- Infinity+1 Sword: A few. But Spirit Blade stands out the most. Not to mention the ridiculous way to get it.
- Knife Nut: Titto.
- Large Ham: Kroitz.
- Lightning Bruiser: Evann. Emphasis on 'lightning'.
- Mad Scientist: Specto.
- Manipulative Bastard: Kroitz. He manipulated the entire army just for them to work for him (and Specto) to revive the Big Bad.
- The Medic: Myam.
- Metal Slime: Lucky Minks.
- Mighty Glacier: Brandol, Ulk.
- Mythology Gag: The battle music from previous Grandia randomly change in Vortex Corridor.
- Our Elves Are Different: Arcadian and Hazman.
- Randomly Drops
- Rare Candy: Stats-raising seeds.
- The Rival: Evann and Kroitz.
- Shock and Awe: Evann yet again.
- Slap-on-the-Wrist Nuke: Meteor Strike and Galactic Bang spells.
- The Stoic: Lutina.
- Tech Points: Mental, Combat, Physical and Special.
- Useless Useful Spell: Averted. Some of the status-inflicting spells such as Shhh! and Fiora (blocking enemies' Magic and Moves) work even on bosses.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Evann and Lutina, Evann and Diene, Brandol and Wendy...
- Video Game Stealing: Titto's Get Item.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Evann and Titto. Or green hair for Jaid and Lutina.
alternative title(s): Grandia Xtreme