Video Game: Full Tilt! Pinball
aka: Space Cadet
Full Tilt! Pinball was a pinball computer game for the Microsoft Windows PC and Apple Macintosh. It was developed by Cinematronics, and published by Maxis in 1995.Similar to Last Gladiators, Super Pinball: Behind The Mask, Golden Logres, or the Pro Pinball series, the games are presented as pre-rendered playfields with a single fixed camera, providing for fast gameplay even on low-end machines. The game consisted of three separate tables:
- "Dragon's Keep"
- "Space Cadet"
Full Tilt! Pinball demonstrates the following tropes:
- Armor and Magic Don't Mix: Averted in "Dragon's Keep" — the player can collect spells and armor, which turn on various Anti-Frustration Features on the table.
- Bar Brawl: "Skulduggery" has the player participate in a tavern brawl.
- Breath Weapon: Guess what the dragon breathes. No, really.
- Damsel in Distress: The dragon has one, of course.
- Dragon Hoard: "Dragon's Keep" includes a hoard that the player must steal.
- The Dragonslayer: The player must kill the dragon in "Dragon's Keep".
- Flynning: One of the modes in "Skulduggery" is a pirate swordfight.
- Level Grinding: In "Space Cadet", Advancing through the ranks requires repeating the same missions several times.
- Rank Up: The ranks are Ensign, Lieutenant, Captain, Lt. Commander, Commander, Commodore, Admiral, and Fleet Admiral.
- The Mutiny: This is one of the modes in "Skulduggery".
- Our Dragons Are Different: They eat pinballs, for one.
- Pirate: Seen on "Skulduggery," of course.
- Talk Like a Pirate: "Skulduggery" isn't ashamed to pull out all the hoary old pirate quotes.Pirate: "Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"
- Timed Mission: Many of the mission have a time limit.
- Treasure Map: "Skulduggery" requires piecing together a treasure map to find Peg Leg's loot.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: "Space Cadet" has a kickout called "Black Hole" (oddly enough, it's white). There's also a mission named "Black Hole Mission" where you've to lit all the engine lights and send the ball to the "black hole". When you accomplish it, you get the message "Black Hole eliminated".
- Welcome to Corneria: The voice clips for "Skulduggery" tend to repeat themselves very quickly.Pirate: "Aye, walk the plank!"
- Wizard Mode: "Space Cadet" has The Maelstrom, which can only be activated after getting a rank of Admiral or better, then completing a series of requirements. Getting it rewards five million points, and every target on the board becomes lit for high scoring opportunities.