So Woody Woodpecker
is on a vacation with his friends and family... and didn't invite Buzz Buzzard too? How dare him! He must pay! Woody's Rogues Gallery
capture all of Woody's friends and leave a letter which tells of how much they'll suffer for his atrocius actions. Is Woody a bad enough woodpecker to go and save them?Férias Frustadas do Pica-Pau
, or in good English, Woody Woodpecker's Frustated Vacation
, is a Platform Game
for the Mega Drive
and Sega Master System
made in 1995 by Tec Toy, which distributed Sega consoles and games in Brazil at the time. The production of the game was troubled - it took about 4 years to be finished. The final product ended up being poorly received overall, with complaints of simple graphics and terrible controls.
This game contains examples of:
- Annoying Laugh: The sound effect for Woody's laugh plays every time a item is collected.
- Blackout Basement: The end of level 1, if played in hard difficulty.
- Boss Arena Idiocy: Why have cannons in your arena if you're not going to use them, Buzz?
- Bottomless Pits
- Cut-and-Paste Environments: The second area of level 1 is, for no good reason, the first area with a night-time color palette. Stage 5 is also very repetitive.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Buzz wasn't invited to Woody's vacation, so he attempts to kill all of Woody's friends.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: Easy mode skips some areas.
- Game Over Man: Buzz Buzzard. "You lost! Hahaha!"
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Woody has to save Andy Panda from being cut in half.
- Hit Box Dissonance: Just how does the bosses' hitboxes work?!
- Idle Animation: Woody gets angry and pecks the screen if left alone.
- Jet Pack: A powerup. It allows Woody to fly for a while, but he'll lose it if he gets hit.
- Mercy Invincibility: Averted in Hard Mode.
- Nintendo Hard: Very difficult levels, poor controls and no continues.
- No Export for You: Only released in Brazil.
- Stupidity Is the Only Option: The second area of level 1 is just the first one at night. To clear this area and reach the boss, Woody has to jump into a Bottomless Pit (the left one), which implies he spent hours wandering and trying to find the correct path. Of course, if he tries to jump into that hole in the first area, he dies.
- Super Not Drowning Skills: In the second part of stage 4.
- Villain Team-Up