Elf Bowling 1 & 2 are two Bowling Games put in one package. It was developed by Black Lantern Software, published by Ignition Entertainment, and released in 2005 for the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, to notorious negative reception. The original Elf Bowling was originally released in 1998 by NStorm for PC, with the second game being released in 2000.The first game has you play as Santa Claus. Santa is apparently quite the bowler, and he is quite willing to use those whiny, snickering, union elves as bowling pins.The second game has Santa and the Elves on a cruise ship heading to an island adventure. Santa's good-for-nothing brother Dingle Kringle joins up with them. This game is a strange shuffleboard tournament, and the elves are being used as the pucks.A Direct-to-Video movie based on the games was released in 2007. No, really.
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The elves will hold a sign that says, "Santa Sux!"
- Bad Santa: The player character, in a way.
- Mooning: The elves will do this to Santa after a game is finished.
- The Movie: Elf Bowling the Movie: The Great North Pole Elf Strike.
- Shout-Out: The elves will sometimes sing "Elf, elf, baby!" after a game.
- Toilet Humor: A deer will sometimes walk along the alley and defecate on it, not to mention the elf mooning.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: This is more or less the premise.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The elves will hold up a sign that says, "Santa Sux!" as opposed to "Santa Sucks!".