Video Game: Elemental Battle Academy
Elemental Battle Academy is a 3D fighting doujin game by fly-system, the co-creators of Magical Battle Arena. Unlike Magical Battle Arena, Elemental Battle Academy is not a Massive Multiplayer Crossover game and its battle system is relegated to ground combat with a mix of melee combat and gunplay.In this game, players can chose from one of six girls, each with their own Elemental Powers, preference of weapons, and abilities to battle it out with the other girls. The game features a Story Mode, an Arcade Mode, and online multi-player. Players can also dress up each of the characters in the game with currency earned through gameplay to purchase various outfits for your characters.In battle, each character can use their own weapons or ones found in green boxes to defeat the other players. Each character also possess a Elemental Attack that can deal great damage to enemies in a wide radius, and an Elemental Burst mode to buff up their Elemental Attacks. They can also find their spirit animals roaming within the arena to use their elemental abilities or take their elemental magic into new heights.The game was released on April 29th, 2010 for Windows PC. The doujin circle's official website, where a trial version and patches for the full game, can be found here (Japanese). A help guide for the game can be found here.
This game features trope examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Players can purchase various pieces of clothing to dress up the girls in, from wearing each others' clothes, sunglasses, an eyepatch, a Nice Hat, a nice suit, and in a special case for Plum, dress up like Miku Hatsunae.
- Bare Your Midriff: Plum and Lierre, although with the ability to change costumes, any of these girls can show of their midriff.
- BFS: Plum carries one.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer
- Cute Witch: Cyneria and Aprico.
- Elemental Powers: Each girl possesses the the following elements.
- Girls with Guns: Or rather, Magical Girls with Magical Guns.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: Plum can use as bug-catching net, of all things, as a melee weapon. Even a carrot can be used a dangerous weapon.
- Improbably Female Cast
- Limit Break: Each girl can unleash their elemental powers and perform powerful attacks with their weapons (except for knives, shortswords, pistols, machine guns, and landmines).
- Magical Girl Warrior: Plum and Lierre.
- Meganekko: Limone Flaus.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Noce Marone.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: One of Noce's Elemental Attacks.
- Sword and Gun: Each girl can wield a melee weapon like a sword or a spear and pair it up with a firearm.
- Super Mode: These girls can go into Elemental Burst to unleash devastatingly powerful attacks, and this can go into three levels. Some of these girls take their BFGs or BFSs and take them Up to Eleven while performing their limit breaks.
- School Swimsuit: Can be purchased as an outfit (and in black or white) for the girls to wear.
- Stripperiffic: Plum and Lierre, by default.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Lierre plays this trope straight. Limone has purple hair, and Aprico has pink.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Plum and Lierre, courtesy of their boots.