Video Game: Dynamite Alex
Dynamite Alex is A 2014 PC/Android game created by game developer Ryan Silberman about the adventures of the titular Heroine Alex Tobynskii.The gameplay is intended as a throwback to retro video games, especially series.The android port was built by Zachary "Crazy-River-Otter" Wiebe and NOVA, two friends of the series creator.
- Airborne Mook: Plenty appear in this game, including (but not limited to) mini UFO's.
- Art Evolution: Compared to the game's spiritual predecessor, Missleman Spy Strike 2, this game has much more colorful and refined visuals, and less misplaced tiles, now even featuring Cel Shading on the characters.
- Ascended Glitch: Despite the max health appearing to be four, collecting 100 coins will add two health pips, filling the health bar with two more units of a different color. This was originally unintentional and caused the health bar to loop back to zero, but the health bar was changed to accommodate this. Though it is possible to get more health than
- Beneath the Earth: One of the levels is a cavern filled with water.
- Bottomless Pits: They are everywhere in this game, but it's not nearly as much of a problem in the PC version as it is in the Android version, which currently lacks checkpoints.
- Bullfight Boss: The rainbow-color-flashing-Afro-man-on-a-pogo-stick tries to charge at you as a main attack. Just... don't question it.
- Denial of Diagonal Attack: Left and right, only!
- Easter Egg: The game is full of cameos of characters from games that the developer or his friends have created. Most people aren't likely to recognize them, however, with the exception of a select few. The Game Grumps are a notable exception, however.
- Eternal Engine: The final stage counts as this, with a lot of "sciency-mechanical-stuff" around the place.
- Epileptic Flashing Lights: EVERYTHING in the nightclub stage. Even the boss's HAIR flashes every color on the rainbow.
- I Need No Ladders: Alex can wall jump, somewhat similar to the mechanics in Megaman X.
- Nintendo Hard: On PC, it begins fairly simple, but becomes quite difficult by the nightclub level: Neon Nights. The Android version is even more difficult, as it has no checkpoints and uses a virtual keypad.
- Fan Fare: The start of the theme song of the game plays after every non-boss level.
- Flash of Pain: Some the bosses. Occasionally, the whole screen will flash when they are hit.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Lasers are everywhere in this game, though the Android version currently prevents some of them from working correctly due to a bug. A fix for this glitch is planned.
- Malevolent Architecture: Pretty much every level in the game features this in some form or another.
- Glass Cannon: Alex herself. She has less health than most of the MOOKS in the game, but she can do dish out of damage with her arm cannon.
- No OSHA Compliance: How does the villain even get around his lab!? Word of God says it's by flight.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: Certain variations of the robber enemies throw these.
- Shout-Out: Several of the Easter eggs in this game are cameo appearences of characters from other series', Notably [[Egoraptor Arin Hanson]] and Danny Sexbang from Game Grumps.
- Standing On The Roof: Dr. Sammy Otto from the Missleman (spelling intentional) series, by the same developer, can be found on a roof in one of the game's easter eggs.
- Supervillain Lair: The final stage In fact, that's the only thing that the level is explicitly supposed to be.
- Temporary Platform: There are plenty in the mountain stage. They take the appearence of floating clumps of land with grass on top, and they disappear when you touch them. If they reappear when you are in their place, however, you may get temporarily stuck, so tread carefully.
- Time Bomb: Pressing certain switches throughout the game causes blocks to appear. If you aren't careful, the blocks will explode in your face. Worst case scenario: you fall into a pit/fire below them.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Not as bad as it is in Missleman Spy Strike 2, Ryan Silberman's previous game but this game can still be quite challenging if you haven't memorized the way around levels.
- Updated Re-release: The Android version fixes several bugs and has slightly enhanced graphics, although it has some bugs of its own.