Video Game: Doodle Jump
A simple iPhone game about a little doodle figure that... jumps.Described by the authors Lima Sky as "Insanely Addictive", and not given much description beyond that.For a game character that doesn't really do anything beside jump and shoot the occasional pellet, Doodle the Doodler ("Doodle" hereby used as a name rather then description) really gets around. The game has been featured on Big Bang Theory, CBS Evening News, Pocket God and many other places. Heck it even has a arcade game.
This game provides examples of:
- Bottomless Pit: The bottom of the screen is always one. You can also fall through the occasional "hole" in the background.
- Collision Damage: Averted if you Goomba Stomp the monsters.
- Crossover: With Pocket God, The Creeps and many others.
- And for crossovers with non-apps, there's Hop.
- Don't Look Back: The platforms stop existing as soon as they fall out of view. Thus, if you try to jump down to get a power-up you missed then there is nothing to land on - you will fall to your death.
- Endless Game: The game keeps on going until you fall.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The doodle jumps.
- Fake Platform: Jump on a broken platform and you simply fall through it.
- Follow the Leader: Browse the appstore for a while, looking for games. Take a shot for every game that takes a cue from Doodle Jump.
- Jet Pack: There's also a propeller hat.
- No Plot? No Problem!
- One Hitpoint Wonder: If anything happens to you, you die. Period.
- Platform Game: It's all about little platforms rapidly passing by.
- Ratchet Scrolling: Upwards.
- Sound-Coded for Your Convenience: The player can hear the monsters' growls before they appear on the screen.