is a game about the titular detective, solving the mystery of a murdered janitor at a circus and in the second game, a murder at a swamp.
- British Coppers: Officer James, and he also is the only cop around most of the time. The game is probably set in the UK.
- Dead Pan Snarker: Grimoire himself, to Phoenix-worthy levels. Also Officer James, to a certain extent. And about anyone will gain this trait once they start mentioning Grimoire's hat.
- Expy: The main character looks like Gumshoe, the developers even note that they explicitly based Grimoire after him.
- Killed Off for Real: The murder victims, naturally.
- Monster Clown: The game drops some pretty broad hints that the clown was the murderer. He wasn't.
- Nice Hat: A Running Gag is pointing out the aversion of the detective having a nice hat. He apparently has one in the sequel, before shortly losing the hat.
- Running Gag: The hat, whether absent or not.
- "Your moustache is troubling me. That thing seems to be longer every time I see you."
- Stealth Hi/Bye: The girl seems to vanish without a trace in both games.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: The events of the two games take place either in Britain or in the US. Officer James wears a British uniform and talks in an English dialect, and the price signs of the first game's fair all carry '£' symbols. Yet, Grimoire speaks in a (fake) American accent in the second game, as does half of the cast. It helps that the game was made in England.