is an all-Robot Girl Third-Person Shooter
doujin game by 2CCP. For those into cute
robot girls armed to the teeth with all sorts of weapons, then this is the game for you!
During its initial release on December of 2008, there wasn't much other than a small handful of Armed Dolls to play around with, although each girl were given different weapon "Types" to compensate for the small roster of characters. It had an Arcade Mode and an online Network Mode to battle other players over the internet. Over the course of time, the game received update patches to fix bugs in the game and refine the gameplay mechanics. This eventually led to the game getting an enhanced version of the game
in the form of DYSNOMIA Exburst
, which adds everything expected from a Mission Pack Sequel
except the patches to upgrade the base game to DYSNOMIA Exburst
are available from the developers' website free of charge for those who bought the original pressing of the game (versions between v1.00 to v1.09). DYSNOMIA Exburst
adds a new Story Mode, more playable characters, a re-tooled UI, and other added features.
So far, there has been no word of an English-translation for the game.
Not to be confused with the Xbox LIVE Indie Games
title with the same name.
This game features examples of:
- A Robot Girl by Any Other Name: Armed Dolls.
- Absolute Cleavage: Gloriana.
- Action Girl: Every Armed Doll in this game fits the description.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Lina has one resembling fox ears.
- Antagonist Title
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Dysnomia, one personifying The Grim Reaper.
- Arm Cannon: Lily uses one.
- Attack Drone: Some of the girls like Gloriana can use them.
- Badass Adorable: Meryl.Y.T, a cute little robot girl in a mech-armor.
- Bare Your Midriff: Ayame, Lina, and Gloriana, especially the latter due being incredibility Stripperiffic.
- Battle Strip: Dysnomia transforming into her Type-B form in the Story Mode; this form has a more revealing outfit underneath the huge dress she wears for Type-A.
- Beam Spam: All over the place.
- BFG: Sylphyris' Mega Launcher.
- BFS: Lina uses one with her Type-A equipment.
- Big Bad: Dysnomia, duh.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Ayame.
- Blow You Away: Lina can summon up tornados with her Type-B weapons.
- Boobs of Steel: Both literally and figuratively speaking for Lina.
- Charge Attack: Some of Armed Dolls' weapons have one.
- Cheerful Child: Meryl.Y.T.
- Cleavage Window: Dysnomia's outfit features one.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: During both single-player and multi-player modes.
- Curtains Match the Window: Meryl.Y.T and Ifrina.
- Cute Little Fangs: Lina has very noticeable fangs. A few other characters, like Dysnomia, have them too if you look at the character models carefully.
- Double Unlock: Dysnomia Type-C in Exburst. See Guide Dang It below.
- The Dragon: Gloriana, to Dysnomia. Until Dysnomia sacrificed her to go into Super Mode.
- Dual Wielding: Lina with katanas, Lily with blades or drills, Ayame with arm-blades, and Ifrina with beam-katars.
- Fragile Speedster: Ayame is quick, but she can easily fall to pieces with little effort.
- Freelook Button: The taunt button gives you a small window of opportunity to admire your Armed Doll from any angle. This also happens when you win or lose a game.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- Fuuma Shuriken: Ayame's Type-A weapon.
- Gainaxing: Gloriana.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sylphyris and Meryl.Y.T.
- Guest Fighter: Valstar is a titular protagonist who originated from a horizontal Shoot 'em Up also from 2CCP.
- Guide Dang It: Unlocking Dysnomia Type-C in DYSNOMIA Exburst. The best bet there is to unlocking her third variant playing through the Story Mode and get the good ending several times with different characters after unlocking Valstar, Dysnomia, and Gloriana first.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Ayame.
- Horny Robot Demoness: Gloriana.
- Improbably Female Cast
- Jiggle Physics
- Kawaiiko: Meryl.Y.T is easily the cutest of the bunch.
- Laser Blade
- Leotard of Power: Sylphyris and Ifrina. Valstar's wears one too, although her bodysuit resembles a white School Swimsuit by comparison.
- Little Miss Badass: Ayame and Meryl.Y.T.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Meryl.Y.T can bombard foes with missiles.
- Mecha-Mooks: Only in DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode.
- Mercy Invincibility: Invoked whenever a player recovers from taking too many shots at once or from a high-powered attack. This can be accidentally cancelled out should the player try to break their fall.
- More Dakka: Some of the automatic weapons, like Sylphyris' Beamgun.
- Ms. Fanservice: While robot girls like Lina and Dysnomia fits the description, Gloriana is the Ms. Fanservice among Ms. Fanservices.
- Multiple Endings: In DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode.
- Ninja Maid: Lily.
- Ninja Run: Ayame, obviously.
- Ninja Log: Ayame's Type-A sub-weapon lets her create dummies of herself to trick enemies.
- Palette Swap: Player can pick up to four palette-swaps of any character. Enemies in the DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode also comes in different color variants.
- Panty Shot: With girls like Sylphyris and Dysnomia flying around in their bodysuits and skimpy outfits, panty shots are inevitable.
- Powered Armor: Meryl.Y.T fights in one except with her Type-C variant.
- Power Floats: Gloriana.
- Roboteching: With many of the homing projectiles.
- Rocket Punch: Meryl.Y.T can perform one when she's not in her mech-armor.
- Robot Girls: And you got quite a variety of Armed Dolls, ranging from a battle-ready robot meido, to a loli-ninja, and an almost-naked demoness.
- Robot Girls with Guns
- Rose-Haired Girl: Ifrina, Valstar, and Gloriana.
- Sarashi: Lina wears it to cover her chest.
- Samurai: Lina.
- Sensual Spandex: Sylphyris, Ifrina, Valstar, and Ayame features this.
- Sinister Scythe: Dysnomia's Weapon of Choice.
- Sniper Rifle: Sylphyris can use one.
- SNK Boss: Gloriana and Dysnomia, due to cheap A.I. and being extremely over-powered compared to actually playing them.
- Spin Attack: Dysnomia Type-A, and she's able to spin her scythe around non-stop. Ayame also has one.
- Stocking Filler: Dysnomia, it's much more noticeable with her Type-B variant.
- Stripperiffic: Gloriana... CHRIST!
- Lina also falls under this territory.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Whenever an Armed Doll or enemy mech is defeated.
- Sword and Gun: A general weapon combination for some of the Armed Dolls.
- Sword Lines: Whenever you swing a bladed weapon.
- Taunt Button: Everyone has a few, but some of them gets nonsensical, such as Ifrina's sulking at the player.
- This Is a Drill: Lilly, and she wields two of them
- Token Mini-Moe: Meryl.Y.T is easily the youngest-looking robot girl of the lot. Ayame is a close second.
- True Final Boss: Dysnomia if you end up on the "true" ending path.
- Victory Pose / Victory Quote: Everyone gets one depending on the results. This applies even when they lose.
- Wave Motion Gun: Sylphyris' Mega Cannon is one of them..
- Winged Humanoid: Dysnomia becomes one after sacrificing her dragon, Gloriana with Type-C.
- Wolverine Claws: Ayame can use them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: By default, Meryl.Y.T has green hair; Lily, and Lina variable shades of purple.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Sylphyris and Dysnomia.