is an all-Robot Girl Third-Person Shooter
doujin game by 2CCP. For those into cute
robot girls armed to the teeth with all sorts of weapons, then this is the game for you!
During its initial release on December of 2008, there wasn't much other than a small handful of Armed Dolls to play around with, although each girl was given different weapon "Types" to compensate for the small roster of characters. It had an Arcade Mode and an online Network Mode to battle other players over the internet. Over the course of time, the game received update patches to fix bugs in the game and refine the gameplay mechanics. This eventually led to the game getting an enhanced version of the game
in the form of DYSNOMIA Exburst
, which adds everything expected from a Mission Pack Sequel
except the patches to upgrade the base game to DYSNOMIA Exburst
are available from the developers' website free of charge for those who bought the original pressing of the game (versions between v1.00 to v1.09). DYSNOMIA Exburst
adds a new Story Mode, more playable characters, a re-tooled HUD, and other added features.
So far, there has been no word of an English-translation for the game.
Not to be confused with the Xbox LIVE Indie Games
title with the same name.
This game features examples of:
- A Robot Girl by Any Other Name: Armed Dolls.
- Absolute Cleavage: Gloriana.
- Action Girl: Every Armed Doll in this game fits the description.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Lina has one resembling fox ears.
- Antagonist Title
- Arm Cannon: Lily uses one.
- Attack Drone: Some of the girls like Gloriana can use them.
- Badass Adorable: Meryl.Y.T, a cute little robot girl in a mech-armor.
- Bare Your Midriff: Ayame, Lina, and Gloriana, especially the latter due being incredibility Stripperiffic.
- Beam Spam: All over the place.
- BFG: Sylphyris' Mega Launcher.
- BFS: Linavulgar uses one with her Type-A equipment. Sylphyris uses one as her melee weapon.
- Big Bad: Dysnomia, duh.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Ayame Type-A and B.
- Blade on a Stick: Linavulgar Type-C.
- Blow You Away: Linavulgar can summon up tornadoes with her Type-B weapons. Dysnomia Type-C can summon electrical tornadoes.
- Boobs of Steel: Both literally and figuratively speaking for Linavulgar.
- Camera Lock-On: Middle mouse button (or the Lock-On button on a controller) can be to lock your cursor to a specific enemy you're facing, although this can lead to some Camera Screw if you or your opponents are zipping by really fast.
- Camera Perspective Switch: Pressing the F4 key pulls the camera further away from your character, giving you a wider view of your surroundings. Pressing it again shifts the camera into a first-person perspective. Pressing it a third time changes the camera back to its original position.
- Charge Attack: Some of Armed Dolls' weapons have one, such as Sylphyris charging her Megalauncher for a more powerful beam, or Meryl.Y.T Type-C charging up a bigger and stronger rocket punch.
- Cheerful Child: Meryl.Y.T.
- Cleavage Window: Dysnomia's outfit features one.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: During both single-player and multi-player modes.
- Curtains Match the Window: Meryl.Y.T and Ifrina.
- Cute Little Fangs: Linavulgar has very noticeable fangs. A few other characters, like Meryl.Y.T Dysnomia, have them too if you look at the character models while taunting carefully.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Whenever a player or enemy is defeat, they explode (but not in pieces) before respawning/disappearing.
- Difficulty Levels: Easy, Normal, and Hard.
- Double Unlock: Dysnomia Type-C in Exburst. When you first unlock Dysnomia, you only have access to Type-A and B. See Guide Dang It below.
- The Dragon: Gloriana, to Dysnomia. Until Dysnomia sacrificed her to go into final form in Story Mode.
- Dual Wielding: Linavulgar with katanas, Lily with arm-blades or drills, Ayame with arm-blades or claws, and Ifrina with beam-katars.
- Epic Flail: Ayame Type-C with sickle chained to a flail.
- Fragile Speedster: Ayame is quick, but she's not good at taking punishment from the opposition.
- Freelook Button: The taunt button gives you a small window of opportunity to admire your Armed Doll from any angle. This also happens when you win or lose a game.
- Frickin' Laser Beams
- Fuuma Shuriken: Ayame's Type-A weapon.
- Gainaxing: Gloriana.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sylphyris, Meryl.Y.T, and Dysnomia.
- Grim Reaper: Dysnomia, if Death was a robot girl.
- Guest Fighter: Valstar is a titular protagonist who originated from a horizontal Shoot 'em Up also from 2CCP.
- Guide Dang It: Unlocking Dysnomia Type-C in DYSNOMIA Exburst. The best bet there is to unlocking her third variant is by playing through the Story Mode and get the true ending each of the six characters after unlocking Valstar, Dysnomia, and Gloriana first.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Ayame.
- Horny Devils: Gloriana, a robot demoness.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Meryl.Y.T Type-C can toss out riceballs that recovers her HP.
- Improbably Female Cast: Not a single dude in sight.
- Jiggle Physics
- Leotard of Power: Sylphyris and Ifrina. Valstar's wears one too, although her bodysuit resembles a white School Swimsuit by comparison.
- Life Meter: Your Armor Gauge. You can also see the enemies' Armor Gauge as well as you fight them.
- Little Miss Badass: Ayame and Meryl.Y.T.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Some of the characters like Meryl.Y.T can bombard foes with missiles.
- Mecha-Mooks: Only in DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode.
- Meganekko: Your Mission Control in the Story Mode.
- Mercy Invincibility: Invoked whenever a player recovers from taking too many shots at once or from a high-powered attack. This can be accidentally cancelled out should the player try to break their fall.
- Mini-Mecha: Meryl.Y.T pilots one with Type-A and B.
- Mission Pack Sequel: While print copies of DYSNOMIA Exburst do exist, the developers does have patches to upgrade the original version of DYSNOMIA to Exburst available from the game's webpage.
- More Dakka: Some of the automatic weapons, like Sylphyris' Beamgun.
- Most Gamers Are Male: Invoked when Meryl.Y.T addresses the player as onii-chan after being selected in story mode.
- Ms. Fanservice: While robot girls like Linavulgar and Dysnomia fits the description, Gloriana is the Ms. Fanservice among Ms. Fanservices.
- Multiple Endings: Two in DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode, a normal ending and a true ending.
- Ninja Maid: Lily.
- Ninja Run: Ayame, obviously.
- Ninja Log: Ayame's Type-A sub-weapon lets her create dummies of herself to trick enemies.
- No Damage Run: A score bonus in Arcade and Story Mode.
- Palette Swap: Player can pick up to four palette-swaps of any character. Enemies in the DYSNOMIA Exburst's Story Mode also comes in different color variants.
- Panty Shot: With girls like Sylphyris and Dysnomia flying around in their bodysuits and skimpy outfits, panty shots are inevitable.
- Power-Up: Outside of the Story Mode there are items dropped by slain opponents that provides temporary effects that ranges from boosted attack power to infinite Boost Gauge.
- Power Floats: Gloriana.
- Roboteching: With many of the homing projectiles.
- Rocket Punch: Meryl.Y.T can perform one when she's not in her mech-armor.
- Robot Girl: The Armed Dolls, and you got quite a variety of them, ranging from a battle-ready robot meido, to a loli-ninja, and an almost-naked demoness.
- Robot Girls with Guns
- Sarashi: Linavulgar wears it to cover her chest.
- Samurai: Linavulgar.
- Sensual Spandex: Sylphyris, Ifrina, Valstar, and Ayame features this.
- Scoring Points: In Arcade Mode and Exburst's Story Mode, you get points for defeating enemies, and at end of each round, a bonus based on how quickly you cleared the stage and enemies defeated. If you clear a stage without losing a life, you get a No Miss Bonus of 50,000pts, but if you were able to win without taking damage, you get Perfect Bonus worth 100,000pts instead. Clearing Story Mode gives you a 500,000pts bonus, and depending if you got the normal or true ending, you get 100,000pts or 500,000pts respectively as well.
- Secret Character: In Exburst: Valstar, Dysnomia, and Gloriana.
- Sequential Boss: In Story Mode, Gloriana, and to lesser extent, Valstar and Dysnomia. You fight all three forms of Gloriana (presented in reverse order) with no rest in between forms. With Valstar and Dysomia, you have to deal with two of their forms although there's a reason for that with the latter.
- Sinister Scythe: Dysnomia's Weapon of Choice.
- Sniper Rifle: Sylphyris can use one.
- SNK Boss: Gloriana and Dysnomia, due to cheap A.I. and being extremely over-powered compared to actually playing them.
- Spin Attack: Dysnomia Type-A, and she's able to spin her scythe around non-stop. Ayame also has one.
- Stocking Filler: Dysnomia, it's much more noticeable with her Type-B variant.
- Stripperiffic: Gloriana... CHRIST!
- Linavulgar also falls under this territory.
- Sword and Gun: A general weapon combination for some of the Armed Dolls.
- Sword Lines: Whenever you swing a bladed weapon.
- Taunt Button: Everyone has a few, but some of them gets nonsensical, such as Ifrina's sulking at the player and Gloriana waving her ass to the player.
- This Is a Drill: Lilly, and she wields two of them
- Token Mini-Moe: Meryl.Y.T is easily the youngest-looking robot girl of the lot. Ayame is a close second.
- True Final Boss: Dysnomia if you end up on the "true" ending path.
- Victory Pose / Victory Quote: Everyone gets one depending on the results. This applies even when they lose. This is averted if they were destroyed, win or lose.
- Video Game Dashing: Each character can glide across the arena quickly with the Boost button at of the expense of their Boost Gauge. The meter recharging once you stop dashing. Air dashing is possible while airborne.
- Video Game Flight: Pressing and holding the jump button allows you to fly upwards in the air, which also uses up your Boost Gauge.
- Video Game Lives: In Exburst's Story Mode. You only have five lives with no way to get more.
- Wave Motion Gun: Sylphyris' Mega Cannon is one of them.
- Winged Humanoid: Dysnomia Type-C.
- Wolverine Claws: Ayame Type-B can use them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: By default, Meryl.Y.T and Dysnomia have green hair while Lily and Linavulgar variable shades of purple. The Story Mode's Misson Control has blue hair.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Sylphyris and Dysnomia.