Crystal Towers 2 is a platformer created in Multimedia Fusion 2 by David K Newton. Set sometime after the original Crystal Towers, the story this time focuses on an evil being stealing the 8 musical instruments of Music Castle. Because of this, the music of the world itself is fading, so once again Bernard is sent out to retrieve the instruments and restore the 8 musical instruments to their rightful place.
Currently Needs a Better Description
The game's website can be found here: http://www.clickteam.info/davidn/ct2/
This game provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: One appears inside Mega-Carrot.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: Most of the boss themes.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Considering all the stuff Bernard does on this quest, it's safe to say he's pretty good at what he does. It doesn't stop him from sleeping on the job most of the time, though.
- Build Like an Egyptian: Haze Sands.
- Critical Existence Failure
- Development Gag: After defeating Mega-Carrot, you're told that the rabbit inside had been planning his revenge for 4 years, which is exactly as long as the development time for Crystal Towers 2.
- Double Jump: You obtain a spell relatively early on that lets you do this.
- Elemental Powers: All of the offensive spells fall into this:
- Everything's Worse with Bees: Bees appear in certain spots on certain missions. If you touch them, you die.
- Floating Platforms
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: Pretty much all of the bosses.
- Goomba Stomp
- Goomba Springboard
- Green Hill Zone: Walnut Creek.
- Heart Container: The health bottles you can find scattered around certain levels.
- 100% Completion: 90 Orbs, 231 Rainbow Gems, 25 Keys, 33 Medals, 22 Spells, 33 Recipes, 4 Items per level... Yeah, it'll take a while.
- Jungle Japes: Twisted Tropics.
- Lethal Joke Character: It's a good thing Turbotoise's entrance is such a Crowning Moment of Funny, since you'll be retrying that fight a lot.
- Lethal Lava Land: Magma Falls.
- Mercy Invincibility: After getting hit, naturally.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Silent Void.
- One-Hit Kill: Bees and mines, which you must dodge on certain missions.
- Platform Battle: Lava Lizard
- Ruins for Ruins' Sake: Grassland Ruins.
- Shout-Out: So many. A woefully incomplete list, including but not limited to:
- One of the other figures waiting at the bus stop in the intro is the Tall Man.
- One of the order names, Keepers of [the] Earth, is a song by French power metal band Heavenly.
- Another of the order names, Midnight Crew, is from Homestuck.
- The smiley-face character from... a lot of ASCII games, but probably meant to be ZZT considering the author's history with it, is in the logo for the Magenta Monks order. It also appears in the background in the Flying Fortress levels.
- The boss battle music is titled "Let's Talk About Fight," which is a line from "Spill Blood on Fire," another Heavenly song.
- Magma Falls' theme is titled "Lava Love Machine," after Edguy's "Lavatory Love Machine."
- Hub Level: Music Castle.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: Three bosses, Lava Tank, Xenon Squad, and Sci-Fly, are this.