The tenth game in the Crash Bandicoot series, released in 2004 for the Game Boy Advance. This game is a crossover with the Spyro the Dragon franchise. Also known as Crash Fusion in Europe.Cortex and Ripto agree to destroy Crash and Spyro together using genetically altered Riptocs to trick them into fighting each other. This plan works for a while, but during their fight, Crash and Spyro realize what's really going on and team up to save their worlds from Cortex and Ripto.Its sister game is Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy.
This video game contains examples of:
- Crossover: Crash and Spyro, of course!
- Early-Bird Cameo: Nina Cortex made her very first appearance in both this game and its sister game, before Crash Twinsanity. She was actually created by Traveller's Tales, the developer of that game, and apparently, they were unhappy to learn that she appeared in this game without being informed, since they planned for Twinsanity to be her grand debut.
- Minigame Game: What this more or less amounts to; most of the primary missions in the game are done via minigames you must complete.
- One Game for the Price of Two: This game has a counterpart where you play as Spyro himself, called Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy. If you want to get the full story, you have to get both, though later releases had both in a single cartridge, averting this somewhat. That said...
- 100% Completion: Getting all the cards in either this game or its sister game requires not only both games, but another copy of the corresponding game as well. Meaning the single cartridge release may even be beneficical to those who initially bought the two games separately if they seek to achieve this.
- Stock Sound Effects: When Aku Aku shows you the location of a nearby level portal, he makes the "bionic" sound from The Six Million Dollar Man.
- Third-Person Person: Nina Cortex.