High scores = full bellies.
"Wonderful! Better than Mama!"
is a game series by Majesco on Nintendo
's systems in which you are a cook in the titular Mama's kitchen. She teaches you how to prepare a variety of dishes step by step, from preparing the raw meat, chopping vegetables, stirring, baking, frying, you name it. Each step takes the form of a mini-game. Your score for how well you complete each task, with bonus points if you do it before the time runs out. And at the end you see just how lovely your dish came out.
Depending on the system it's on, it makes very good use of the DS's touch screen or Wii Remote controls.There are several games in this series:
- Cooking Mama (DS) — First game in the series. Allowed players to unlock more recipes by combining dishes already created.
- Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Wii) — First Wii entry. Introduced Mama's friends from around the world, along with a selection of international dishes.
- Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends (DS) — With new recipes came an Iron Chef-style mode where you had to prepare a dish minus instructions and offer it to Mama or one of her friends for tasting.
- World Kitchen (Wii) — Now with 3D graphics and more of the tried-and-true content from previous games, including 2-player co-op.
- Gardening Mama (DS) — Cooking Mama WITH POTTING SOIL!
- Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop (DS) — More of the same as Dinner with Friends, except with different recipes and a new "shop for food" mode which puts you in the most malevolent grocery store ever.
- Crafting Mama (DS) — Cooking Mama WITH CRAFTING!
- Babysitting Mama (Wii) — Cooking Mama WITH BABIES! Why Babysitting Mama? Because Mama Mama is a dumb name for a game. And Baby Mama would be awkward.
- Camping Mama (DS) — Cooking Mama WITH CAMPING!
- Cooking Mama 4 (3DS) — Cooking Mama IN 3D!
Apart from all that, it appears that Taiwanese arcade games maker Universal Space has obtained the rights to create a Cooking Mama arcade game
to market only in the southeastern region of Asia
. There is also Cooking Mama: Friends' Café
(currently in beta) on Facebook
, good for pestering your friends and Bribing Your Way to Victory
This game provides examples of: