Video Game: Combat Of Giants
Combat of Giants (also known as Battle of Giants in North America) is the name of the series of video games by Ubisoft where the player becomes one of the "giants" and the focus of the game is to defeat all the other giants.So far there are 3 types of games in the franchise:
- Mutant Insects
Tropes in this series:
- After the End: The setting of the Mutant Insects games.
- Apocalypse How: Type 3b in the Mutant Insects game.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: In Mutant Insects.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Arguably the entire point of the dinosaurs.
- Excuse Plot: The adventure mode of the games would put some semblance of plot to explain why the dinosaurs/dragons/mutant insects are fighting each other.
- Limit Break: In the fighting mechanics, a combatant is able to do this after scoring a certain amounts of uninterrupted attacks.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: In Mutant Insects Revenge, the Big Bad is the Mutant Queen.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: The "dragons" game.
- Rewarding Vandalism: Destroying buildings and/or nests will give you either health or money.
- Rule of Cool: The series runs on this.