Video Game: Chaos CompleXX
"the princess is again kidnaped by bowser.go to his castle and save princes and have fun. thx and sorry for my bad english"Chaos CompleXX
is a Super Mario World ROM hack
by FPI, the creator of the The Second Reality Project
series. It is a parody of bad ROM hack design.
The numerous instances of Stylistic Suck
in this hack include levels which are obvious edits of levels from the original game, cutoff tiles and other graphical glitches, color palettes which get weirder and weirder as the game goes on, comically self-explanatory level names, and text boxes that are filled with engrish and spelling errors.View the trailer!
This hack contains examples of:
- all lowercase letters: Some of the level names and many of the text boxes are typed like this.
- Bonus Stage: Parodied. There is a secret area in "Rosa Perplex 1" with a lot of 3-up moons, but they're surrounded on all sides by used coin blocks and, therefore, impossible to obtain.
"Unbelievelebale! YOu found the top secret cave with moons! Congratalaoins! But you cant get any of them HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
- Captain Obvious:
"this mess age box contains some letters."
- Department of Redundancy Department:
"you will ove level because i made it and i love it too. i played it and i loved level and you will love it too, im sure about this."
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Played for Laughs with level names such as "boss level," "water level here," and "here is the switch."
- I Fell for Hours: The first part of the final level is a long fall into a nearly empty abyss with a few Xs made out of cement blocks in it.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: The game's text is filled with humorously terrible grammar.
- Lazy Artist: The message for completing the Green Switch Palace is unchanged.
- The Maze: The second part of the final level is a giant maze made out of cement blocks.
- No Fourth Wall
- Palette Swap: Lampshaded by a message box in "BlACK HEAT BAT GUYS."
"i changed good the palettes to make the heats of the enemis black. thats good, it looks great and much more dangerouos."
"Just a notice If you find bugs or other insects in this game, let me know!"
- Retcon: Almost all of the levels in The Second Reality Project Reloaded's secret world "Thirdspace" are remakes of levels from this game with the Stylistic Suck removed. The setting of Chaos CompleXX is Thirdspace after it gets destroyed by the Glitch Cannon.
- Stylistic Suck: This hack's defining trope.
"yes, you're right.this hack is the one with best levl deseign eva!"
- Super Strength: Lampshaded when Mario picks up and tosses away the third castle.
"Mario is a Superman, he can take the whole castle and away with that. Why he dosnt do that befor entering level.? Okay another question only one level left now, go to koopa."
- Take That: The whole game is a one big Take That towards crappy ROM hacks.
- Title Drop: "Chaos CompleXX" is the name of the final level.
- Welcome to Hell: The message box in the final level says this.
"Iam actaully do my homework. Can anyone help me with that? PLEASE CONTAC ME and I help me plaese! It's a essay about drop fruits! HELP"