A series of 3D shooter Adobe Shockwave games on [adult swim]
, Candy Mountain Massacre
focuses on three Action Girls
who are out to find and destroy the cause of a Sugar Apocalypse
unleashed upon Candy Mountain in the form of a virus that has turned its inhabitants into Ax-Crazy
psychopaths. Armed with an assault rifle, a shotgun and a rocket launcher, your job is to kill anything that moves, and for bonus points, save the Cupcakes who are the only ones not affected by the virus and are being put through hell by the others.
Candy Mountain Massacre can be played here
, while Candy Mountain Massacre 2 can be played here
. The third installment, Candy Mountain Massacre Revenge, can be played here
This game series provides examples of:
- Action Girl: The Cosplay Girl, the Exterminator, and the Black-Ops Girl, all of whom play similarly.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Most of the denizens of Candy Mountain.
- Ax-Crazy: Pretty much all of your enemies.
- Bears Are Bad News: The ones in 2 and Revenge throw missiles at you and pack a mean punch; some even man long-range cannon turrets.
- Big Bad: The Cake Queen from 2, who is the vector of the virus plaguing the land, and is revealed at the end of 2 to have unleashed her Blue Leprechauns upon the human world.
- Crapsaccharine World: Candy Mountain has fallen into this state as of 2, and both the Cupcakes and the humans who have gone in are having quite the awful time of it. One level even has you blasting through what is in all intents and purposes a torture chamber.
- Drop the Hammer: One of the bonus weapons you encounter in 2 is a giant hammer that uses an explosive charge to take out all enemies within melee range. It becomes a standard weapon in Revenge.
- Elite Mooks: The Apples, which pack dual submachine guns and aren't shy about calling you “bitch.”
- First-Person Shooter / Third-Person Shooter: Switching between modes is a matter of hitting Shift.
- Guns Akimbo: The Apples from 2.
- Killer Rabbit: Just about all the monsters, but the most literal examples are the bunnies, one of the fastest enemies of the game. They will cheerfully run up to you (either alone or in packs) and clobber you senseless within moments.
- Level Ate: Candy Mountain is an entire land of this.
- Sequential Boss: The final battle in Revenge, which goes through three main phases: The first phase requires you to shoot off all the turrets on the cake-ship. The second phase has the boss appearing in its full power, trying to use missiles and a rolling pin, both of which can (and should) be blasted out of the air. The final phase is against the boss's head, which first blasts you with powerful Eye Beams and then tries to cover you in lethal green loogies once you shoot off its glasses.
- Splash Damage: You will be dealing with this a lot, from the Muffins that fire rockets at you to the Gunner Bears to both of the ending cake bosses. Fortunately, you have a Rocket Launcher that can more than even the score, and you can find a few high-explosive Easter eggs along the way as well.
- Standard FPS Guns: Assault rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher. The second game also hands you a giant hammer for melee and a powerful sniper rifle for long-range use, both of which become standard weapons in Revenge.
- Sugar Apocalypse: The entire point of the series.
- Sugar Bowl: Candy Mountain was originally this before the virus hit.
- Torture Cellar: The Dungeon level in 2, which has you fighting through a torture chamber, with various Cupcakes having to be rescued from wheels and other devices.
- Unexpected Shmup Level: The final level of Revenge, which has you commandeering a fighter and battling the enemy with your machine gun (which is capable of overheating), and your rocket launcher.
- Wackyland: Candy Mountain.