Video Game: Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
(Bio Miracle - I'm Upa
) is a Platform Game
made by Konami
in 1988 for the Famicom Disk System. It was never physically released in North America, but is available on the Wii's Virtual Console.
The story follows Prince Upa, who comes from a long line of brave fighters. One day he accidentally breaks an urn, releasing the evil spirit Zai
upon the world. Now it's up to him to save his kingdom
and rescue the babies Zai captured.
This game provides examples of:
- Balloon Belly: What your rattle is capable of giving every enemy in the game.
- Big Eater: Upa, all thanks to the two "digging" levels, where he literally eats his way through.
- Edible Ammunition: Flying pink elephants dropping explosive onigiri.
- Fast Tunnelling: In Worlds 1-2 anf 6-2, where Upa must eat through cake and cheese.
- Improbable Weapon: A magic rattle, a gift from a fairy.
- Level Ate: World 1 is a sweets-themed level, World 2 is fruits and vegetables themed, and World 6 is milk and cheese themed.
- Spikes of Doom: Later levels feature protruding pencil points of pain.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: Spiral notebook bindings.
- Toy Time: World 7.