The upcoming Turn-Based Tactics 'mech game by Harebrained Schemes set in the year 3025 of the eponymous universe, in-between the third and Fourth Succession Wars, putting you in the control of the start-up mercenary group working out in the Periphery. The game was funded through Kickstarter, reaching all goals with the total of $2,865,422, including PayPal. The game is expected to come out in 2017.
This game promises to contain examples of:
- Alliance Meter: Your standing with the Great Houses. Don't expect, for example, to safely work for House Liao after working against them under House Davion's employ.
- Design It Yourself Equipment: Mech customization.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: The developers have promised that melee combat will be implemented. Given that this game takes place before 'mech hatchets and swords were a thing, expect to see giant robots brutally slugging each other in the face.
- Karma Meter: Your reputation and reliability. Not everybody wants to hire a nobody, or a known contract breaker.
- Player Headquarters: An old Dropship that definitely seen better days. Over the course of the game you can restore and upgrade it.
- Private Military Contractors: Who you play as. You will encounter other mercenary groups during your career.
- Skill Scores and Perks: While RPG elements will not be as extensive as in HBS' Shadowrun games, pilots will have skills and/or perks that tailored to specific 'Mech weight classes.
- Treacherous Quest Giver: Some liasons have their own agenda separate from their employers, and not always to your benefit.
- Turn-Based Tactics: Like the tabletop game it is based upon, though unlike the defunct Tactics game, it will not be a complete copypaste of TT rules.