Try not to step on your own troops
A game based After the End
were two armies fight over what land is left is left of the world, after the rising sea levels destroyed almost all livable land. You play Hawk Winter, a hotshot Dockworker & hovercraft racer whose girlfriend is involved in the Aquila project
and recruits him as its pilot.
You can pilot 5 different Battle Engine variants, vehicles that can transform between walker mode and jet mode.
This game contains examples of
- Ace Pilot
- Adjective Noun Fred
- After the End: A worldwide flood has left only a few tiny islands habitable.
- Battleship Raid: The penultimate encounter.
- The Battlestar
- Concept Art Gallery: The better you do in a level, the more concept art you can view.
- Deflector Shields: Available in walker mode but not jet mode.
- Energy Weapon: Several of the 10 possible weapons are energy based.
- Encyclopedia Exposita: Every unit in the game, from the giant artillery platform to those civilian trucks that make a cameo in one level, have their own page of specs and history.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: A gigantic mutant sea creature randomly appears in one level and obliterates all the enemy forces on the island. Then you have to kill it.
- Global Warming: Rising sea levels has left land a scarce commodity.
- Humongous Mecha: The titular battle engine isn't the biggest unit in the game, but it towers over convoys of tanks and most other walkers easily.
- Improvised Platform: Levels that take place at sea will require you to land on ships to recharge. They even tell you, "Be prepared to land anywhere." Also, one Awesome Yet Practical way to take out enemy landers is to land on top of them and shoot them point-blank with your cannon.
- Invisibility Cloak: The sniper has reduced weaponry but can turn invisible.
- Macross Missile Massacre: The micro missiles are spat out in impressive volleys.
- Mook Maker: Factories and landing craft churn out a steady supply of reinforcements. Interestingly, your own Redshirt Army has them in some missions.
- Super Drowning Skills: The Aquila is destroyed if it enters water. In a world where the vast majority of the world is covered in it.
- Super Prototype: Several. Including the titular Battle Engine.
- Spider Tank: Several tanks and the battle engines (Prototype Aquila, Pulsar, Blazer, Lancer and Sniper)
- Transforming Mecha: the Battle engines can transform between walker and flight modes.
- The War Sequence: Some of the battles are absolutely massive.
- Wingman: You get a choice of three of'em. One's good at taking out ground targets, one's good at taking out enemy fighters, and one's in between.