The follow up to Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, also known as "The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa"The year is 666X. A powerful youngster, wise beyond his years, awakens from a B-Ball induced coma aboard the mysterious dwarf space ziggurat Necron 7, held captive by the Malevolent A.I. Cuchulainn note . With no memory of who he is or where he came from, he adopts the identity of X114JAM9 and sets off into the Post-Cyberpocalyptic Wasteland in search of the enigmatic Cyberdwarf, the only one who can reveal to him the terrible truth behind his forgotten past and make sense of his harrowing future.
This game uses some of these tropes:
- After the End
- An Adventurer is You
- Big Bad: Cuchulainn.
- Character Alignment: In-Universe. The game features the classic D&D alignment system, though it uses "Loyal" in place of Lawful. Can seen being created here.
- Continuity Nod: The protagonist of Barkley 2, who doesn't remember who he is, calls himself X114JAM9, after an error message. In the original, Vinceborg cites error X114JAM9 in association with him not remembering his purpose.
- Eldritch Abomination: Cuchulainn again.
- Genre Shift: While the original game was a turn-based RPG, Barkley 2 is a loot-based Action RPG in the vein of Diablo and Borderlands.
- Living Weapon: Guns are living creatures that you craft via a breeding system as well as hunting and taming them in the wild.
- Long Title: "The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa"
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo/Colon Cancer: Invoked.
- Year X: Year 666X