Avoid the Noid is a Platform Game for the Commodore 64 and IBM PC, created to advertise Domino's Pizza. You start at the bottom of a 30-story building, and have to deliver a pizza at the top within half an hour. The building is infested with noids, who will use jump kicks, exploding telephones, water balloons and bazookas to destroy your pizza.
Contains examples of the following tropes:
- The Computer Shall Taunt You: Every time you lose a pizza, you are treated to a close-up of a grinning noid, complete with mocking laughter sound effect.
- Interchangeable Antimatter Keys
- Interface Spoiler: You know the bottom floor of each screen doesn't have trapdoors, because that would cause you to fall off-screen.
- It's All Upstairs from Here
- Malevolent Architecture: For some reason the whole building is full of trap doors.
- Product Placement
- Public Domain Soundtrack: Each of the 12 screens has a different tune, including such classics as "Ride of the Valkyries" and "The William Tell Overture".
- Smart Bomb: You get a handful of "noid avoiders" that clear the screen of noids.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: How do you destroy a pizza? Of course, you take out a bazooka.
- Video Game Lives: Five pizzas. If they all get crushed, exploded or soaked, it's game over time.