Inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer and magical girl anime, Ara Fell is an RPG Maker 2003 role-playing game with light-hearted bite. It was made by Badluck and can be found here.Set on a continent made up entirely of floating islands where it constantly snows (but the snow melts quickly in most areas), the plucky heroine, Lita LeCotta, must endure a wannabe hero, a snarky sorceress and an enigmatic bard as they travel to deal with a cursed ring and the vampire threat. For, you see, Lita LeCotta is the Chosen One.Ara Fell was released commercially on Steam on June 2 2016, and this can be found here.
Tropes found in Ara Fell:
- Early-Bird Cameo: You can meet the entire playable cast within five minutes of starting the game.
- World in the Sky: Pretty much what the entire game is placed on. (The parts of the game that were actually released are more of a Floating Continent.
- Idiot Heroes: Arguably both Lita and Adrian, although Seri Kesu and Dorian make up for their cute antics.
- Inevitable Tournament: The very first story arc.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Real Time Weapon Change: Lita can switch to a stake in order to kill vampires.
- Scenery Porn: Even today, the maps are considered some of the most gorgeously-designed maps in RPG Maker history.
- Taken for Granite