Adventures to Go! is a PlayStation Portable
RPG published by Natsume and developed by Global A Entertainment (Dungeon Maker
, Master of the Monster Lair
A small town in an unknown land is home to a guild called Adventures to Go, which creates dungeons and monsters for enterprising adventurers looking to make some easy money. A young swordsman named Finn Courtland, against the advice of his father and sister, decides to join Adventures to Go in order to make a name for himself.
Players can customize each dungeon to their liking, setting the terrain type (plains, wasteland, cave, etc.) and the types of enemies that show up there (bugs, beasts, etc.) Clearing dungeons may reward the player with Event Tickets, which create special events to help advance the story (boss battles, new characters, etc.)
Tropes used in Adventures to Go!
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: "Weapons, magic, life insurance policy?"
- Choice of Two Weapons
- Functional Magic: "Device magic" type. Magic spells are formed through combinations of crystal shards. Some characters, such as Alina, can use a wider repertoire of spells than others.
- Healing Factor: Finn can recover his HP by walking if he is in the lead, and is the only character on the team who can do so.
- Last Name Basis: Garron Gifford, the lumberjack, tells Finn and Alina to call him by his last name when he first joins, since they aren't technically friends.
- Only in It for the Money: Finn.
- Randomly Generated Levels
- Schmuck Bait: The "suspicious monoliths" that ask you if you "want to make a little money" will actually give it to you, at the expense of HP damage.
- Take That: One scene in the beginning of the game when Finn refers to the Adventures to Go guild by its initials "ATG", and Severn (the quest giver) says he makes it sound like a "failed bank or insurance company", a potshot at AIG.note
- Totally Radical: Dean, the armorer, talks and dresses like a middle-aged hipster, which drives Finn crazy.
- Who Dares?: The demon lord Arbitus doesn't like when his treasure gets stolen for an ATG quest.