Absorption is a Flash game created by Anton Beluzhenko, with music by Oleg Vorontcov. It is sponsored by MoFunZone.com. Play it here
A detective gets kidnapped by a Mad Scientist
, who forces him to go through several puzzles to survive by using an absorption gun.
- All Just a Dream: In the end it is revealed that the protagonist was dreaming it all. Dr. Neil Jason, however, probably exists (it is not known whether it is an official phantom image or just a drawing on the detective's table).
- Cyborg: Your enemies.
- For Science!: It all is for science after all.
- "Now. You are the part of the Great Experiment."
- Mad Scientist: Dr. Neil Jason.
- Puzzle Game: It is.
- Speech Bubbles: All communication is delivered in speech bubbles during the intro and in-game.
- Spikes of Doom: Well, you'd better avoid them.
- Teleporters and Transporters: "Portals are for your pleasure."
- Thinking Up Portals: Though you can't create portals, you can replace existing ones to solve puzzles.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Your enemies in the game are mindless cyborgs, due to Dr. Neil Jason's previous experiments (supposedly).
- Whole Plot Reference: Absorption is clearly inspired by Portal.
- GLaDOS = Dr. Neil Jason
- Chell = the detective
- Portal gun = Absorption gun
- Cute turret = Creepy cyborg turret