Video Game / A Knight's Quest for Milk
A Knight's Quest for Milk
or A Knight's Quest
is a comedic old-school flash RPG game programmed by Juice-Tin and illustrated by Krutz. It tells the story of Knight, a boy sent off on a quest from his mother to get milk for turtle soup. Knight then has to complete a variety of crazy tasks and objectives along the way. The game also has numerous pop-culture references and has No Fourth Wall
A Knight's Quest for Milk displays examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: See Easter Egg below.
- Auto-Save: The game auto saves every time you get a new objective or clear an old one.
- Bigger on the Inside: There's a tent that has three large floors inside.
- Cruelty Is the Only Option: A few examples:
- To get the witch to assist you the player has to capture 3 sentient frogs and deliver them to her. She eats them alive right in front of you before handing over the wig you need to get inside the club.
- One of the flowers you need to get for the little girl forces you to take it from a man who spent several years of his life caring for it and making it perfect.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Knight has red hair and crimson eyes.
- Easter Egg: Literal Easter eggs are added to the game after beating it and allow the player to change clothes.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: In-universe; The "Everything But Milk" store sells... everything but milk.
- Fetch Quest: The main plot is basically about the protagonist searching for a carton of milk to give to his mother for turtle soup.
- Good Morning, Crono: The game starts with Knight being woken up by his mother to get milk.
- No Fourth Wall: The fourth wall doesn't seem to exist and many characters are aware that they are in a flash game.
- Shameless Self-Promoter: When you go inside the tent, you will find a gamer who says there's an awesome game on GamesFree.com called "Quest for Milk". Knight then says it sounds familiar.
- Shout-Out: The two boys who are clad in overalls (one with a red shirt underneath and the other has a green one) circling a tree are called Mario and Luigi. Mario says he wants to jump really high while Luigi wants to be a plumber.
- We Sell Everything: The "Everything But Milk" store which sells literally everything but milk. This is parodied when Knight asks one of the clerks if they sell a "evil zombie nazi" or a "giant pickle".
- Wicked Witch: Averted with the witch you meet early on. Played straight with the witch who lives in the hut.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's not unusual to see characters with purple hair.