- Cheech and Chong, man. They constantly use the word "Man" wherever it makes sense, man. Sometimes twice consecutively, man.
- James Taylor likes to throw in "baby" to pad out some empty space on a track, baby.
- Pitbull says "dale" no less than 15 times in any song he's in.
- Dale dale!
- WHOOOOOOOWEE! He says this before just about every verse he sings.
- Snoop Dogg's famous '-izzle' consonant-mangling.
- James Hetfield of Metallica has a verbal tic that often shows up when he finishes a line-aaaaaaahhh. This verbal tic is so prominent, it shows up written into the lyrics on karaoke machines.
- Blondie tends to insert French (or French-sounding nonsense) lyrics into most tracks. They even did this with their gender-flip cover of Denise.
- Insane Clown Posse are always fidn' to use the word "fidn'."
- Would Frankie Valli have gotten anywhere without his trademark "Ay-yay-yay!"?
- Bon Scott always ...paused dramatically before delivering the closing line of an AC/DC song.
- Deryck Whibley of Sum 41 tends to say "BLEH!", "So!", or "Shuh!" before a guitar solo, depending on the album. ("BLEH!" on 'Half Hour of Power,' "So!" on 'Does This Look Infected,' and "Shuh!" on '13 Voices.')
Verbal Tic / Music
More at Lyrical Tic.