Phillips Exeter Academy is a prestigious independent school established in 1781 and located in Exeter, New Hampshire. Also known as PEA or just Exeter, the school was named after its founder John Phillips. Although primarily known as a co-ed boarding school, it does host a small number of day students.
It is pretty much the archetype for prep schools in the States. If the story is about an upper-class boarding school in the States, it most likely draws on the ways of life at Exeter.
!!Contains examples of:
* AsleepInClass: The six day school week and workload leaves many a student passed out during a lesson.
* BoardingSchool: Obviously.
* FriendlyRival: Toward Andover
* NoCommunitiesWereHarmed: ASeparatePeace, The World According To Garp, etc.
* SceneryPorn: The ENTIRE campus.
** Moreso when you include the hiking trails and parts of the town of Exeter. Yes, there are hiking trails.
* SchoolNewspaperNewsHound: The students of Andover in regards to Exeter.
* TrueCompanions: This school has a tendency to create these.
** Especially when you consider that the students are spending ALL (Eating, watching television, sleeping in the same houses, etc.) of their time together.