Useful Notes / Cyber Goth
) is a subculture that derives from elements of cyberpunk, goth, raver, and rivethead
fashion. Unlike traditional goths, Cybergoths follow electronic dance music more often than rock and tend to lean towards brighter colorings, sleeker outfits, and have an age range of late 20's to mid 40's of followers.
Cygoth, for short, is also a leader in outrageous outfits made of latex, rubber, and plastic. Often more popular in Germany than North America, there are several styles of Cygoth and the hair styles vary between each individual and can include extravagant hair pieces like synthetic dread locks, cyberlox, extensions and so on. These hair pieces can be made of a variety of materials, from real hair to synthetic kankelon hair to plastic tubing, rubber and foam and are often accented with goggles, masks, or similar apparel. They tend to incorporate anime, video game, raver, rivethead, and goth fashion
, as well as drawing inspiration from other forms of science fiction.
The style of music it relates to often has touches of synthesizers which makes the style feel as if the Gothic industrial style and several types of trance styles had a a hybrid baby. Its high energy with the feeling it had computers generating the sounds and music.
Compare to Raver, contrast to Goth
, and may overlap with Cyber Punk
Provides Examples Of:
- Anime Hair: Most Cyber Goths dye their hair much like Cyber Punks, Goths, and Alternatives.
- Bioluminescence Is Cool: Less so than ravers and a bit divisive when it comes to glowsticks, but still present.
- Cyberpunk Is Techno: And EBM, and Industrial and Aggrotek. Many tracks even draw themes or inspiration from Cyberpunk.
- Darker and Edgier: This is the darker version of the science fiction based outfits of the mid 1980's better know as Steam Goth & Punk.
- The music and fashion sense also evokes a more brooding and cynical offshoot of ravers.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: The outfits can range from any style really, punk to rivethead.
- Rule of Symbolism: The Biohazard icon is a common motif and the Nuclear Hazard icon may also pop up. It all fits into the dystopian, even apocalyptic mileau of Cybergoth.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: No matter what you wear, it some how just appears that much more sexy when its dark, rubber, plastic, and on a dancing black with neon highlighted person.
- Sickly Green Glow: Cybergoth does away with the bright colors of ravers in favour of a darker, more shadowed palette. Acid green is most common, be it part of glowsticks, cyberlox or other articles, but dark blue and red might also show up.
- Transhuman: Being inspired from science fiction and Cyber Punk, there is an element of this in Cybergoth. Checking a gallery of Cybergoth images, one can get the sense that there is a concerted effort to appear non-human and, often, mechanical.