- In the Whateley Universe, there's a teenager at Whateley Academy named Harry Wolfe. He looks like a werewolf. His family is cursed, so the boys look like werewolves. Who the heck gives his kid a name like that under those circumstances?
- His father, who has reddish fur, is named Red. There has been speculation that the horrible names are actually part of the curse.
- Survival of the Fittest's answer to this trope is Adonis Zorba. Utter Narm.
- Also, the 'famously monogomous' girl around Bayview Secondary School...Paige Single.
- From Virtua we have the name Sycanus Appletin. Pretty self explanatory.
- Homestar Runner. Two words: Integral article. Explaining the site to new people is difficult simply because rendering the characters' names is so confusing.
- Bubs' full name is Bubs Concession Stand. Seriously.
- The Cinema Snob says in his review of Ax 'Em that all you need to do to make your name sound less dignified is add "DJ" to the beginning. But when your Christian name is already "Doublecut Master Slice-em-up Dice-em-up", you don't have far to fall.
- The Malaysian word for "post" (as in, postal service) is "pos", originating from a shoddy transliteration of the English word. No surprise then that they chose the URL www.pos.com.my for their website.
- In a Shout-Out to Megamind and as a nod to her egotism, The Nostalgia Chick basically called her Precious Puppy "minion".
- Ultra Fast Pony. In "The Best Episode Ever", the main cast put on a play. Rainbow Dash is cast as the historical pegasus general, Flying Monkey Style. And Fluttershy is cast as her second-in-command, Flying Monkey Crap.
Flying Monkey Crap: Also, can I have a different name? This one kinda hurts my self-esteem.
Flying Monkey Style: Nah.
- Emily Piggot from Worm. Bad enough it has "pig" in it. The double whammy comes in from sounding like "bigot".
- The Irate Gamer's real name, Chris Bores. Considering how infamous his series is, this opens up the opportunity for cheap jokes such as "Chris Bores me to death."
- Where the Bears Are has a character named Nelson. Nelson Dorkoff.
- The original character Bellezza Felutia, drawn by felutiahime, a male character who crossdresses. His name can be easily mutated to "Bellezza Fellatio". Fanart involving Felutia and that eight-letter word exists and we'll leave it at that.
- In Friendship is Witchcraft, the name of Celestia's sister is...Molestia. (The 'Mo' part is supposed to be short for 'moon'.)
- The Angry Video Game Nerd has Fred Fuchs, credited in the game based on Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's actually pronounced "Fooks".
- In the case of "Unfortunate Usernames", many a Twitter user can get bombarded with unexpected mentions for choosing an acronym famous people go by, something as "theashes" ("I am not a freaking cricket match!") or "fifa" (specially once the FIFA scandals kicked in), or a famous surname.