Hey everyone! I am but a 20 years old French nerd having his live stolen by TV Tropes, but that won't stop me from introducing myself: I am an aspiring actor. I love Anime, Manga, Video Games and Tokusatsu... But I'm not really a fan of litterature.
- A Certain Magical Index.
- Ashita no Joe.
- Code Geass.
- Death Note.
- Dragon Ball.
- Futari Ecchi.
- Great Teacher Onizuka.
- Hajime No Ippo.
- Kamen Rider Spirits.
- Kamen Teacher.
- Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.
- Medaka Box.
- Onani Master Kurosawa.
- One Punch Man.
- Saint Seiya.
- Saiteihen No Otoko.
- Summer Wars.
- Tokyo Yamimushi
- The Legend of Koizumi.
- Welcome to the N.H.K..
Favorite Comic Books:
Favorite TV Shows:
- House Of Cards Us.
- Kamen Rider:
- South Park.
- Super Sentai:
Favorite Video Games:
Web Original/Review shows:
- Bob Lennon.
- Dragon Ball Abridged.
- Flander's Company
- France Five.
- Joueur du Grenier.
- Saint Seiya Abridged.
- That Guy with the Glasses.
- The Fantasio 974.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.
Music I enjoy:
Tropes associated with The Segougou:
Tropes that concern me:
- Accentuate the Negative: While I do point out when things are terrible, I'll also try to point out when things are good.
- Acceptable Targets: Kristen Stewart, Justin Bieber, Dany Boon, and Activision being my favorite targets.
- Apologises a Lot: Sorry about that.
- As Long As It doesn't sound too French: My accent will most likely be ridiculous, but at least it's not a french accent.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Yeeeah... Chances are if I have to work, except me staying a lot on the internet.
- Author Appeal: Dreams, and superpowers.
- Berserk Button: The less said about my cousins and aunts, the better...
- Bile Fascination: Averted most of the time, when things are getting crappy, I stay away from it... Unless it falls under Snark Bait.
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Child Hater: Then again, I was an obnoxious kid to start with...
- Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch: Unfortunately, this can happen.
- Dream Weaver: It only happens once in a month though.
- Gay Paree
- Glasses Pull: And this caused me to damage my glasses. Not that it stops me from doing it.
- Gratuitous French: Pas du tout, voyons !
- I Hate Past Me: Where Do I Begin ?
- High Hopes, Zero Talent: While I enjoy my acting classes, I'm still scared that I have no talent and that I'm just wasting my time... Not to mention I've already failed once.
- Hypocrite: If there's one thing that hypocrites hate, it's hypocrites.
- Informed Ability: Some people told me I might be intellectually gifted, but since I didn't take any test, I don't know for sure.
- Love to Hate: On rare occasions, like Justin Bieber and Twilight.
- Monster Clown: Best way to terrify me.
- No Indoor Voice: WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I SPEAK TOO LOUD ?!
- Old Shame: A lot.
- Pungeon Master: At least, french puns.
- Sarcasm Mode: Usually in family.
- Snark Bait: The main reason why I still watch a bad or rotten show... That, and seeing the end to be sure it will be no more.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Hopefully not on Internet... Most of the time.
- Talking to Themself
- The Quiet One: That is, until I talk about things I love.
- They Changed It So It Sucks: I sadly am guily of this.
- What an Idiot: I'm sure trying to write a story without a great knowledge of litterature or any lesson on writing, just because you want fame will make you a best-selling writer.
- Why did it have to be Exploding Balloons ?
Tropes that I like/love:
- Anti-Villain: But only if you have one (okay, maybe two if the other one is working alone), or else it becomes meaningless.
- Camp: Tokusatsu, the Silver Age of Comics, and other shows...
- Curb-Stomp Battle
- Faux Affably Evil: My favorite type of villain.
- Grey and Grey Morality: When done right.
- Hot-Blooded: Lots of my favorite characters do not know the concept of "resting".
- Humongous Mecha: Most Super Sentai Robots, Jehuty, Jaëgers, Optimus Prime... You can say I loooove giant robots!
- Large Ham
- Mundane Made Awesome: Let's be honest, I would gladly see a show about people working on train stations if it's epic enough.
- Nothing Is Scarier
- Rule of Cool: The reason I love Tokusatsu, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and many more...
- Shown Their Work: It's always a bonus to see that you've done some research.
- Smug Super: I don't know why, but every exemple of this trope I know is a instant favorite... Save for Madara and Saint Seiya villains.
- So Bad, It's Good: Despite the fact I complain a lot, I usually forgive terrible dialogue and poorly executed plot if they're entertaining as long as the characters aren't complete morons or unlikeable people.
Pet Peeve Tropes:
- Ass Pull: Need I say more ?
- Broken Aesop: I don't like when a work tries to teach when that work doesn't learn from itself.
- Continuity Reboot: Like Darker and Edgier below, I don't mind in concept (after all, it's about fixing when the show is going overboard with continuity, and thus difficult to make new stories without alienating new audiances and entertaing the old audiance), but they sometimes do it for the sake of it (DmC and The Amazing Spiderman being one of them)
- Darker and Edgier: I actually don't mind that much in concept, but a lot of movies miss the point of the original story (Snow White & the Huntsman and Robin Hood (2010) being the worst offenders)
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: And no, having Giants Robots/Space/Magical Animals won't stop me from hating it if nobody is likeable.
- Designated Hero
- Designated Protagonist Syndrome
- Designated Villain
- Double Standard
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: WORST...ECCHI...TROPE...EVER!
- Dull Surprise
- Grey and Gray Morality: When done wrong.
- Jump Scare: Then again, I don't like horror movies.
- Karma Houdini
- Strawman Has a Point: I know this is bad when this trope appears.
- True Art Is Angsty: Lots of French movies think this way. Of course...
- What an Idiot: While Tropes Are Not Bad, I really hate when this trope, Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, and Strawman Has a Point happen!
Important tropes and Concepts:
- An Aesop: If you make a work of fiction, it is very likely it needs to tell a lesson. Just try to do it correctly.
- Character Development: For better or for worse, your characters should learn something for all the things they have experienced.
- Constructive Criticism: As much as you hate that work, don't forget that there's still good in that work and you should judge fairly. (Actually, some of them don't, but we're all trying to act like there's hope for everything.)
- Magic A Is Magic A: This is a very important rule, and you really need a good explaination to break said law.
- Show, Don't Tell!
- Tropes Are Tools: Despite a big list of pet-peeve tropes, some of them aren't themselves bad or good and can be played around to surprise the audience and make your work more interested.
- Willing Suspension of Disbelief: In the end, sit back and relax for a while, the work you will see won't be perfect and will have at least one questionnable or stupid thing about it, but in the end, you won't mind it because you liked it so much you won't care about it.