I LOVE PRINGLES
I didn't fall for it, I just thought it would be funny.
I'm a Vigilante Taxonomist
and proud of it.
I'm a member of FORKS, TONGS, and WHISK.
As someone who lives in Tennessee, where (last I checked) there's a law that protects people against accusations of cowardice, I take the Nobody Calls Me Chicken
trope much more seriously than most other Tropers, to the point where I once threatened to report someone who made the mistake of calling me a coward (and in the process I paraphrased the broadcast edit of Pulp Fiction
; I guess I'm just a ham at heart), and not just because it was a personal attack (which is, to me, a Berserk Button
in and of itself).
I also utterly despise usernames that include a deliberate profanity within. Oh, and I don't care if you call me the worst ethnic profanities, anti-white or otherwise, that the English language has to offer (of course, there are
exceptions), but if you throw a maternal insult
at me, I will report you to the highest authority in charge of the website on which you dared to do so.
I'm interested in foreign languages, 3D, IMAX, VHS, Blu-ray, and PBS. I'm also an unrepentant Europhile and have several British and other European films on videocassette and videodisc (and even go to the theatre to catch a British or European film every now and then). I consider Quentin Tarantino
, Sergio Leone
, Lucio Fulci
, Christopher Nolan
, George Lucas
, Michael Cimino
, Francis Ford Coppola
, Roger Corman
, Gen Urobuchi
, Sergio Corbucci
, Frank Miller
, Alan Moore
, and Walt Disney
to be my major influences as a creator.
If I was a Doctor Who
character, I'd probably be the Ninth Doctor
, and not just because I went as him
to a 3D screening of Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor
at my local theatre.
On a Darker and Edgier
note, I suffer from not only White Guilt
but also Attention Deficit Creator Disorder
, and I also have a rather unusual talent
for detecting racism or sexism wherever I go (in part because of my aforementioned White Guilt
On a Lighter and Softer
note, I have a pink Cutey Honey lunchbox
that came with a DVD of the 2004 Live-Action Adaptation
Oh, and if I ever come across to you as a jerk when I'm surfing the web, keep in mind that I'm not that much of a jerk in real life
. Sure, I do get angry a bit easily sometimes
(particularly when one of my plans involving going to the movies or buying videocassettes doesn't come together as well as I'd anticipated, or if my favorite foods take too long to get resupplied), but I'm actually a very sociable person and easy to get along with, as long as you don't press a Berserk Button
of mine (but I usually cool off from that eventually, and FTW I'm nothing compared to many of the entries on Hair-Trigger Temper
One other thing: though I may know a lot, I still have a lot to learn; for example, I didn't know the first dub of The Mystery of Mamo
was recorded in Japan (and not in the United States, the stomping grounds of the great old anime localizer Peter Fernandez
, to whom I had previously misattributed the dub, I'm sorry to say) until late 2014! I did find out the year before, BTW, that William Ross (the founder of Tokyo-based Frontier Enterprises, who had previously dubbed the Godzilla
films for Toho
) voiced Samurai and Kodansha
veteran Greg Starr (who actually lived in my home state before moving to Japan in 1970) voiced Detective Scott (what kind of a name is
that for a descendant of the great Edo-period policeman Heiji Zenigata, anyway?). Even as far as I'm concerned, you learn something new every day.
- Baseball Teams: San Francisco Giants, Detroit Tigers, Colorado Rockies, Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs
- Basketball Teams: Washington Wizards, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Orlando Magic, Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat
- American Football Teams: St. Louis Rams, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders
- Food: Pepperoni pizza
- Metal Bands: Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Danzig (mainly their early stuff), AC/DC, Aerosmith, Korn, Skillet, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, X Japan, and Diamond Head
- Pop: One Direction, Michael Jackson, AKB48, Morning Musume, Be For U, and Psy
- Punk: Green Day, Joan Jett, The Ramones, The Damned, The Clash, and The Offspring
- Prog Rock: Electric Light Orchestra, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Queen, Yes, and Pink Floyd
- Rap: Chamillionaire, Eminem, Kanye West, Nice Peter & Epic Lloyd, Soulja Boy (mainly from his first album), Will Smith, and DMX
- Classic Rock: Elvis Presley, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones
- Comedy Music: "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Videodisc Formats: LaserDisc and Blu-ray
- Videogame Systems: NES, Xbox, and 3DS
- Television Series: Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and (once broadcast commences) Agent Carter
With kindness comes naivete. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a Troper.
...Oh, and HEIL SPELLCHECK!