Both a troper and a member of AlternateHistory.com
His troper nickname references his home region, which lies in eastern Slovakia
... and the fact that he likes medieval history
Likes / Is interested in :
- Quality books in general, with Alternate History, Science Fiction and various Non-fiction being his favourite literary genres
- Good storytelling, both troperrific and subversive
- A good joke once in a while
- Stealth Based Games (especially Thief), Nintendo Hard tactical shooters (SWAT 4, Operation Flashpoint), aircraft and racing sims (e.g. Il-2 Sturmovik), a good RPG (Mount & Blade, Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura) and/or Survival Horror game every now and then (I was enamored by the Penumbra series)
- The history of The Middle Ages and World War One and the history of aviation
- Historical sightseeing (especially fond of castles, churches and monasteries) and active volunteer work on the conservation of precious historical ruins (mostly of castles in his home region).
- Clock Punk, Steam Punk, Diesel Punk... hell, any well executed Punk Punk ! ;-) Oh, and Sky Pirates ! :-)
- ESA - I've even created the Useful Notes page for it over here on Tv Tropes.
- Unkempt Beauty - Not that he minds She Cleans Up Nicely, but a makeup-less face and somewhat unkempt hair seem more natural and attractive to him.
Tropes about him :
- Allergic to Routine: Sometimes I play this straight, sometimes I don't.
- Berserk Button : Has several, some of them pretty weird. However, many of them are reasonable ones. He abhorrs verbal or physical abuse of people, particularly women and children. Don't even consider doing any of it in front of him.
- Canon Welding : Has a certain fetish for it when it comes to his own literary works, but prefers to not use it too overtly.
- Celeb Crush: Admittedly, has a very shy one for Jenna Coleman, to the point of blushing anytime he sees her on television. Unlike many crushes of this sort, his interest in Coleman stems at least as much from her personality and demeanor as it does from her looks.
- Crazy-Prepared : Made this into an everyday habit of sorts, but sometimes he isn't as prepared for everything as he'd like to be.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy : Shows off this ability of his quite often, sometimes to Beyond the Impossible levels.
- Deadpan Snarker: Predominantly of the jovial, Gentleman Snarker variety.
- Entry Pimp / Serial Tweaker : Both on this very wiki and on other online projects (including his own).
- Fan of the Past : Not in the sci-fi sense, but he is one. However, he doesn't like overly idealised, black and white or badly researched portrayals of it.
- Friend to All Living Things: A few animal and plant species annoy me, but I'm not on the warpath with any of them. I think everything has a place on our planet. Why would any species, extinct or extant, evolve in the first place, if it didn't have a natural purpose ? BTW, I tend to be annoyed by naive and unscientific Granola Girl approaches to nature. Nature should not be judged by human morality. Then again, that doesn't mean that human morality is incompatible with it and should go on the chopping block. Things need to be understood in context and without romanticization, sweeping generalizations or trivialization.
- Fun Personified: As life can often be dull and many people appreciate his good sense of humour, he tries to live up to this trope.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: A more contemporary form of the trope, obviously. This is how he prefers to act and think of himself.
- Has a Type: Smart, brown-eyed, gentle-faced ladies of his age and height, or slightly shorter. Brunettes as well as redheads, though mostly brunettes. (Could explain the aforementioned Celeb Crush...)
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: Has several that he uses from time to time on AH.com.
- Nice Guy: Of course, Your Mileage May Vary, depending on how you view me. It can get subverted when I occassionally get grumpy or slightly neurotic, but I hope I live up to this ideal most of the time...
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot : Not him, though he likes to have fun with the concept or ridicule it if it seems to go too over the top. One of the older jocular discussion threads on AH.com started by him basically went "What If : Tech-wanking cyborg Nazis vs. Roman airship squadron vs. zombie ninja motorbikers". Yeah...
- Non-Action Guy: Not always, but still 98 % of the time.
- One of Us: Given the contents of this page, I guess this should go without saying... However, my occassional nerdiness is not too overt.
- The Smart Guy : Played for Laughs when he occasionally pretends to be an Insufferable Genius.
- Socially Awkward Fellow: Not to a debilitating degree, but he's definitely a shy and somewhat introverted person even when otherwise cheerfully socialising. Doesn't suffer from Cannot Talk to Women, etc., but can certainly be a bit of an Apologises a Lot Shrinking Violet.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Like you wouldn't believe ! Mostly of the polite variety, though, on both sides of the spectrum.
- The Stoic : Quite a bit.
- Technical Pacifist: Doesn't use physical violence as long as there's still a reasonably non-violent way of resolving things.
- Textual Celebrity Resemblance: Looks like a blend of Dylan Moran and beardless, glassless Seth Rogen.
Work done on TV Tropes so far :