Webby, ninja-writer-singer-poet-geek, at your service. Ignore the non-indicative title; I specialize in cartoons. Computer animation, traditional animation... bring it on.
OK, fine. I draw comics a lot, but I know nothing about making cartoons. I drew a walk cycle once. My "title" refers to my hobbies, save for the ninja bit. I want to be a storyboard artist and story director, but in the meantime my folders are stuffed with concept art and half-finished scripts.
I enjoy drawing talking animals. People make weird assumptions about me for it. In reality, it's because I like fantasy creatures and anthros can be made to be cool or cute, and since they're already a little inhuman I can bypass the Uncanny Valley
easier. If you can watch Looney Tunes
without thinking how sexy it is, you should assume I can draw a lizard without thinking how sexy it is.
Also, I write SpongeBob SquarePants
crossover fan fiction, with a lovely subplot
about Slinkman and Sandy. And I make mock-up screen shots for it.
Webby is a fangirl for:
- Double D: Charmingly timid demeanor, employs Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness without being unintelligible, and is so fun to write dialogue for.
- Dr_Death: Not the Complete Monster fan ficcers make him out to be: canonically, he's pretty obviously a jaded old guy who is never shown abusing the pets. Admittedly, the redraw kinda ruined that.
- Edward: Excellent example of a sympathetic but still inexcusable bully. Unintentionally cute, too.
- Kirby: My first video game love. Used to have a fansite.
- Phineas: For a while, every new cartoon featured a Pollyana Idiot Hero. Phin looked like more for the same, but he's actually a wonderful breath of fresh air with actual character depth.
- Professor Layton: Wonderfully calm, promotes Critical Thinking, and wears a nice hat. I won a costume contest as him.note
- Scrooge McDuck: Tough, sharp as a tack, and appeals to my love of adventure. A brilliant subversion of Screw the Rules, I Have Money!.
- Slinkman: Mildly adorkable Only Sane Man, plus my favorite animal.
- SpongeBob: Before the Seasonal Rot; fun, cheery, and not as dumb as a brick.
- Uncle Chuck: A Cool Old Guy with a sympathetic backstory who doesn't spend any time Wangsting about it. A worthy uncle to the fastest thing alive.
My hobbies on the wiki include occasionally spiffying up the Slylock Fox
and Yo Gabba Gabba
pages, removing "This Troper
" from subpagesnote
and suggesting stuff that never works in Image Pickin'.