- Transexual - as noted in the name, I'm transgendered.
- Absent-Minded Professor - I'm not a professor, but I am extremely absent minded.
- Genius Book Club - Inverted. I'm very intelligent, and I do own technical books, but I am far more likely to be reading Jim Butcher or The Wheel of Time than I am to be reading Moby Dick.
- Gentleman and a Scholar - Inverted, in one way or another. As a result of my transgendered nature, I found myself incapable of forming bonds with people - think Dexter without all the bloody killing. Now that I'm on hormones, this is no longer true - but I'm not a gentleman.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation - Averted. I was isolated, but as noted above it was due to feeling out of place rather than being too intelligent.
- They Just Dont Get It - I run into this all the time.
- The Chew Toy - I was this for the first 18 years of my life - worse than most people, since I have a last name that can easily be made fun of, medical issues, and I couldn't form deep connections with people.
- I Just Want to Be Normal - I don't want to be transgendered. When it comes down to it, I'd much prefer to have been born with a brain and body that match. But as it is, I get to be special. Whee.
Tropers / Transkaren
Hello, I am Transkaren. I was born male, lived most of the first 30 years of my life as male, and am now living full-time as a woman. I have a very unusual background, that I will not get into at this time. My life provides examples of the following tropes: