Tropers: Thief of Time
First of all, I am not named after the Discworld novel, I actually found out about that after (And here I was, thinking I was so original). Yeah, I'm a male troper, a rather soft-spoken one. I browse, I edit, getting more involved in the forums.Stuff I like:I also have an irritating tendency to edit the wrong pages. I guess that's what happens when you have multiple tabs at once.
Tropes that apply to me
- A Darker Me: Mostly averted, my personality on the Internet is similar to my personality outside the Internet although I occasionally act different
- Asperger's Syndrome: Professionally diagnosed.
- Big Eater: So much that if I am a restaurant and an item says something like "not for the faint of heart" or "our biggest item," I feel challenged and order it, and I make sure there are no leftovers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Although I am aware that it's usually not funny.
- Everything's Worse with Bears: Well, I do have ursaphobia.
- Grammar Nazi: I try not to be this as I am sometimes wrong.
- Gratuitous French: Likes to use this to confuse my non-French speaking friends.
- Hype Aversion / Hype Backlash: Towards pretty much anything praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread, although there are exceptions.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: I have these on some days, hopefully not to the point where it comes across as Wangst.
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds: Yup, I'm a young nerd.
- Nice Guy
- No Social Skills: I don't really mind it too much, though.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- The Quiet One: Sometimes.
- The Stoic: I may not come across as it, but I find that I am.
- Serial Tweaker: I try not to be but it still ends up happening.
- Younger Than They Look: I've been mistaken as a couple years older than I actually am more than once.
Tropes I Like
Tropes I Don't Like
- Cluster F-Bomb: There comes a certain point where swearing is just gratuitous.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: At the same time though, unless it's intended for kids, going out of the way to avoid swearing is just silly.
- Deus ex Machina: Mostly because it isn't easy to find a good use for it.
- Faux Symbolism: I'd rather enjoy the work at face value, thanks.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters/Humans Are Morons: No, they're not. They're human beings, anyone with humanistic qualities is prone to being a bastard or moron. Another problem I have is that many authors create a race to prove their point about this, which makes said race look like a bunch of Mary Sues.
Anime and Manga
- Kirby of the Stars: It's a Guilty Pleasure.
- Last Exile: Probably one of my favorite shows. Currently awaiting a chance to watch Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Pretentious and confusing as hell, and I loved every minute of it.
- Almost anything in the Disney Animated Canon
- Any Arnold Schwarzenegger movie that I have seen (the sole exception being Junior)
- The Birds
- The Breakfast Club
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- Star Wars (IV, V and VI. II and III aren't as bad as most Star Wars fans say they are, the only one I truly don't like is I).
- The Wizard of Oz
- Castlevania: I love both the Classicvanias and the Metroidvanias, but I have yet to try the Modernvanias.
- Cave Story: I still can't believe it was all made by one guy.
- Chrono Trigger: Short for an RPG, but sweet all the way through.
- Earthbound: Loved it from start to finish. Giygas still gives me nightmares.
- Mother3: One of the best stories I've seen in video games. This needs to be remade and brought to the US.
- Elite Beat Agents
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy I
- Final Fantasy II: The gameplay is sub-par, but the story's pretty well-written.
- Final Fantasy IV: Only played the DS version. Really difficult but I managed to beat the main story.
- Final Fantasy VI: My favorite of the whole series. Kefka's also my favourite villain ever.
- Final Fantasy IX: I, sadly, never got a chance to finish it, and I hope that I'll find it again some day.
- Kingdom Hearts (Chain Of Memories, Days, and coded)
- Kirby (Most of them)
- The Legend of Zelda (Link to the Past, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks)
- Ōkami: Man, I wish this game sold more. Definitely deserving of it's Cult Classic status.
- Super Mario Bros.: I have always loved this series and always will. 64 and the 2 Galaxy games are my particular favourites.
- Super Smash Bros. (All 3)
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
there are some vandals in here
- Oh how fun it is to ruin one's purity~! ~ raigakuren
- thief says: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO although I guess it was inevitable.
- There once was a troper
Whose page was prim and proper
Then along came Karl
He began to defile
And after a while
He ran out of verses for his poem. - A Thing With Words by Karl Kadaver
- thief says: At least it's longer than mine was.
- Quiet. ~theindefiniteone
- thief says: ...too quiet.
- RANDOM YELLING!!!
- thief says: ...too quiet.
- A fellow Chun-Li fan, perhaps? Don't deny it, I quote you here for proof: Hello, Interpol Agent! It's always cool to meet fellow fans of Chunder Thighs, so if you ever wanna talk about her or anything else, PM me or post on my profile. And other than that, you seem cool. Except liking Chun-Li makes you even cooler in my opinion. Darkclaw
- thief says: There's a reason her name (roughly) means "beautiful spring."
- Good morning from UCT +8:00. — Liberated Liberater
- thief says:Greetings.
- Thief of time, why does that sound familiar... Procrastination is a troper? I knew it! - Stolen By Faeries
- thief says:So now the world knows...
- You seems to be a cool (and creepy) guy. Mostly creepy. Your avatar and your account name makes you looks like an Humanoid Abomination :p ~Dhana Ragnarok
- thief says: Crap, another secret's out. Nyarlathotep's gonna be pissed...
- Don't worry, Nyarly is an old friend ;)
- EX-TERM-IN-ATE!!! Hah, just kidding. - Mort08
- Gaz Bev Moo was here and doesn't like it.
- You have not won yet...Now you have. ~Panctice Squade Cutterback
- Thief of Time, I demand that the time it took me to type this sentence be given back to me at once! —Sean Murray I
- Huh, so that's where my last weekend went...~A Stray Bard
- I, Ysa Slayer Of Sporks, formally request a large amount of time to do all my homework as a distraction while my feline ninja minions take it... oh crap, did I say that last part out loud?
- This vandalism brought to you by Chef Excellence! "An Excellent Vandalism" -Chef Excellence
- Yarhgh. ~Rockonman
- thief says: Blargleglable
- The time spent writing this is time I will never have back. You must have stolen it. - Completely Normal Guy
- Hi theeeEEEEEEERRRRREEEEEEEE. - Physical Stamina
- I shall hit your page with COLOR! ~ Telcontar
- What do you think of this comic? ~Rockonman
- Search your feeling,and know it to be true.-Xiphos Orochi 666
Tropes Others Think Apply To Me
- Awesome Mc Coolname. Duh. Inhopeless Guy
- Seconded, even if it happens to be the name of a Discworld novel you weren't aware of. :P
- Dandere risingdreams
- Eldritch Abomination: You show clear traits of it. —Belfagor
- Time Lord: ...What ? Too obvious ? ~Dhana Ragnarok
- The Sandiego: Your name seems to imply you stole time. How on Earth did you get away with that? -Darkclaw
- Hey dude. How's it going? DO YOU NOTICE MY CREATIVITY!?- Eternal noob
- Black Mage of the highest order ~Rockonman
- Nice Guy-Xiphos Orochi 666