Tropers: The Ultimate Fangirl
Hello, fellow Troper! I'm The Ultimate Fangirl, and I have a constant tendency to use words. Big words. In large quantities. In other terms, if you're looking for my entries on this site, I'm that person who will type out a soliloquy with SAT words to describe EXACTLY why example X fits trope Y perfectly! Either that, or I will do a similarly loquacious speech when gushing about characters I like. If you don't like word nerds (a term I sport with great pride), or don't like one of the shows/books/movies I enjoy, I suggest you leave now before the attack lemurs armed with katanas do their job. Ye have been warned. My good friend, Magus, is responsible for introducing me to TV Tropes. He's the one who got me hooked, the scoundrel. Also, I am a proud member of FoRKS! Tropes that apply to me:
- Badass Family / Dysfunctional Family: At best, we're exceptionally the former. At worst, we're the latter. It's quite intersting, actually. The badassitude of my family, when harmonious, is mostly unstoppable.
- Berserk Button: I have them, including insulting Shakespeare, Judaism, or my family. Press any of them and you will feel my wrath.
- Bilingual Bonus: I speak both Hebrew and English fluently!
- Brainy Brunette: Most definitely this one.
- Dance of Romance: An intentional case of fangirlism turned Real Life, to my great happiness.
- Dances and Balls: I LOVE to ballroom dance, especially in Victorian period costume!
- Enthusiasm vs. Stoicism: Fanatically on the side of enthusiasm as anyone who knows me in Real Life finds out very quickly. As a result...
- Genki Girl: That's what my friends say.
- Green Eyes: I have them. From what I hear, they're rather pretty.
- Intergenerational Friendship / Odd Friendship: Because of my being a teenager in the mostly-adult ballroom dancing scene, I have loads of really good friends who are 10, 20, even 30 years older than me, and to be honest it really doesn't change a thing. One of them is one of the core members of my Nakama, and I love him as much as I do the others.
- Katanas Are Just Better: My weapon of choice, particularly wooden ones, seeing as they are used for all fight scenes at the camp I attend.
- Love Triangle: I have been in one of these...I feel that that story should be made into a movie.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: If no other trope summarizes me, than this one does.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: One of my biggest pet peeves. My real name is spelled like one pronunciation, but is said in a different way. I understand if people initially make the mistake, but if they already know and mispronounce it on purpose, that makes me angry.
- No Sense of Personal Space: I'm very, very close to my friends. That, and I love hugging people, even if I just met them.
- Shout-Out to Shakespeare: Only about a few times a day or so.
- Thicker Than Water: This concept was pretty much the epicenter of my upbringing.
- Yaoi Fangirl: I am one. :)