Hello, fellow Troper! I'm The Ultimate Fangirl, and I have a constant tendency to use words. Big words
. In large quantities. In other terms, if you're looking for my entries on this site, I'm that person who will type out a soliloquy with SAT words to describe EXACTLY why example X fits trope Y perfectly! Either that, or I will do a similarly loquacious speech when gushing about characters I like. If you don't like word nerds (a term I sport with great pride), or don't like one of the shows/books/movies I enjoy, I suggest you leave now before the attack lemurs armed with katanas
do their job. Ye have been warned.
My good friend, Magus
, is responsible for introducing me to TV Tropes
. He's the one who got me hooked
, the scoundrel.
Also, I am a proud member of FoRKS
Tropes that apply to me:
- Badass Family / Dysfunctional Family: At best, we're exceptionally the former. At worst, we're the latter. It's quite intersting, actually. The badassitude of my family, when harmonious, is mostly unstoppable.
- Berserk Button: I have them, including insulting Shakespeare, Judaism, or my family. Press any of them and you will feel my wrath.
- Bilingual Bonus: I speak both Hebrew and English fluently!
- Brainy Brunette: Most definitely this one.
- Dance of Romance: An intentional case of fangirlism turned Real Life, to my great happiness.
- Dances and Balls: I LOVE to ballroom dance, especially in Victorian period costume!
- Enthusiasm vs. Stoicism: Fanatically on the side of enthusiasm as anyone who knows me in Real Life finds out very quickly. As a result...
- Genki Girl: That's what my friends say.
- Green Eyes: I have them. From what I hear, they're rather pretty.
- Intergenerational Friendship / Odd Friendship: Because of my being a teenager in the mostly-adult ballroom dancing scene, I have loads of really good friends who are 10, 20, even 30 years older than me, and to be honest it really doesn't change a thing. One of them is one of the core members of my Nakama, and I love him as much as I do the others.
- Katanas Are Just Better: My weapon of choice, particularly wooden ones, seeing as they are used for all fight scenes at the camp I attend.
- Love Triangle: I have been in one of these...I feel that that story should be made into a movie.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: If no other trope summarizes me, than this one does.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: One of my biggest pet peeves. My real name is spelled like one pronunciation, but is said in a different way. I understand if people initially make the mistake, but if they already know and mispronounce it on purpose, that makes me angry.
- No Sense of Personal Space: I'm very, very close to my friends. That, and I love hugging people, even if I just met them.
- Shout-Out to Shakespeare: Only about a few times a day or so.
- Thicker Than Water: This concept was pretty much the epicenter of my upbringing.
- Yaoi Fangirl: I am one. :)