open/close all folders
Works By Me
Me on Social Media
Stuff I Like
Writers & Filmmakers
- Brandon Sanderson
- C. S. Lewis
- Dave Filoni
- George Lucas
- H.P. Lovecraft
- James Cameron
- J. R. R. Tolkien
Actors & Voice Actors
- Andy Serkis
- Ashley Eckstein
- Ashly Burch
- Christopher Lee
- Clancy Brown
- Corey Burton
- Daisy Ridley
- Dante Basco
- Debi Derryberry
- Dee Bradley Baker
- Elijah Wood
- Grey DeLisle
- James Arnold Taylor
- Jim Cummings
- John Boyega
- Jason Isaacs
- Keith Szarabajka
- Laura Bailey
- Lex Lang
- Liam O'Brien
- Nolan North
- Orlando Bloom
- Oscar Isaac
- Phil Lamarr
- Robin Atkin Downes
- Sam Witwer
- Steve Blum
- Troy Baker
- Vanessa Marshall
- Star Wars
- Star Wars: Chewbacca
- Star Wars: Darth Vader
- Star Wars: Kanan
- Star Wars: Princess Leia
- Lantern City
- The Battle for Middle-Earth
- Crash Bandicootnote
- Dawn of War
- Donkey Kong Countrynote
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- God Wars Future Past
- Gravity Rush 2
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- inFAMOUS: Second Son
- The Lord of the Rings Online
- The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Mordheim: City of the Damned
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)note
- Sly Cooper
- SPY Foxnote
- Star Wars: Battlefrontnote
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Super Mario Bros.note
Stuff I Haven't Yet Gotten Into But Would Like To Trynote
- Ape Escape
- Arc the Lad
- Call of Cthulhu
- Dark Cloud
- Dishonored 2
- Dragon Quest
- Final Fantasy
- Gravity Rush
- Hollow Knight
- Jak and Daxter
- Kingdom Hearts
- Marvel vs. Capcom
- Ni no Kuni
- Sea of Thieves
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Shovel Knight
- Spyro the Dragon
- Tomb Raider
- The Last Night
Tropes That Define Me
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: I have ''way'' too many ideas for stories. And to top it off, 99.9% of the time I'm too lazy to take the time to write them!
- Amazon Chaser: I have a preference for women who are bigger and stronger than I am. My dream is to marry a 7-foot giantess who can carry me with one arm.
- However, I REALLY don't like when people think that just because a woman is fighting a man, that she's somehow in the right; in fact, I hate female villains more than I do male ones — especially female Karma Houdinis. Drop dead, Nadine!
- Angst Aversion / Audience-Alienating Premise / Hype Aversion: No, I do NOT want to watch Game of Thrones, AND I'LL THANK YOU TO SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!! *Chck-chk* Want to know why? Read this.
- Barbarian Longhair / Messy Hair: I had short hair for most of my childhood. Then, when I was 17, I decided to let it grow out. Thing is, my hair is really thick, and tough to work with. Therefore, I am stuck with either cutting my hair (resulting in a look which I despise), or letting it do whatever it wants (my current situation).
- Or, perhaps, I could tie it up somehow, but I won't do that for selfish reasons either.
- Basement-Dweller: Enforced (thank you, the universe). I have been out of work since October 2014. I've been to hell and back to try to find employment (among other things, I've endured long, long trips downtown, gone far out of my way only to arrive late, gotten sore feet from too small shoes...the list goes on). I went back to school to learn a new skill (and now I've graduated, so I'm stuck at home again).
- What really, REALLY ticks me off about this is that this has essentially become an Undead Horse Trope. No matter how many people lose their jobs thanks to the current economy, it seems the media wants nothing more than to crush our spirits, since it can't seem to fathom the fact that maybe, just maybe, not every adult who lives with their parents is doing so because they're lazy. Ask anyone who knows me; I'm most definitely NOT lazy when it comes to searching for a job.
- Berserk Button: Here are a few:
- Big Eater: Surprise. And yet I don't seem to gain weight.
- Brutal Honesty: I can tell you the truth in more detail than you ever wished to know.
- Character Tics: I run my hands through my hair a lot.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: For some reason, people act as if Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Game Of Thrones, and The Last Of Us are the best things ever. To quote Elicia Clegg: I respectfully disagree. How is watching everything come tumbling down amidst a storm of rape, murder, betrayal, and general cynicism entertaining in the slightest? I have enough problems in Real Life. Leave my entertainment alone!
- Dead Artists Are Better: I don't actually believe in this per se, but two of my favourite artists, H.P. Lovecraft and Ronnie James Dio, have been dead for some time; I didn't actually discover them until after they were deadnote . It's greatly increased my respect for their work.
- Deadpan Snarker: I have my moments.
- Extreme Doormat: Sigh...it's true.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: I bore easily. Do try to keep up.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: I am Canadian. I am extremely jealous of the Americans' patriotism, economy, and political system. At home, the former is nonexistent and the latter two are broken.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlematic. I'm trying to become more extroverted, but it's slow going.
- Knight in Sour Armor: I do my best to follow my moral code. Doesn't mean I like it.
- Large Ham: I don't talk often, but when I do, you'll notice.
- A Lesson Learned Too Well: I've had my share.
- The problem stems from the fact that people (meaning pretty much everyone) tells me only one aspect of a certain thing, and never the whole. Make of that what you will.
- Metal Head: Take a look at the Music section of this page. It should tell you everything.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Yes...but not for the reason you think.note
- Nerd Glasses: I wear my glasses all the time, but I'm not Blind Without 'Em — I just can't make out any details.
- Nice Guy: I help people as best I can.
- Non-Action Guy: Took Tae Kwon Do for a few years...didn't work out. I'm actually kinda useless in a fight.
- Never Lend to a Friend: Trust me; don't.note
- Pen Name: Alexander Tempest-Knight. Part of it makes my forum name.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Take a look at the works listed above. I have no shame in telling people that I'm a nerd, through and through. In fact, I consider it a badge of honour.
- The Quiet One: People tell me that I'm "very quiet." If you notice that I'm not really partaking in a conversation, it's not that I want to seem bored, distant, or rude — I just literally have nothing to say.note The old adage "You have two ears and one mouth; use them in that ratio" is one of my guidelines.
- Real Men Cook: Yes, I can cook...though I'm still light-years away from being a Supreme Chef.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Well, for a given value of "real man"...but I've always believed that God Is Good and I have no intention to stop believing that, no matter what happens.
- Screw You, Elves!: My experiences playing certain fantasy MMORP Gs were...shall we say, less than pleasant. I usually ended up playing a dwarf, since dwarves are my favourite fantasy race. 90% of all elves -- mostly females -- found it necessary to pick on me simply because I was a dwarf. Apparently, people find it necessary to roleplay elves versus dwarves even when they're raiding or pvping.
- Oh, and by the way — dwarves are awesome.
- The Smart Guy: I'm smart. REALLY smart.
- Improbably High I.Q.: Ask any psychologist.
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life: Oh, so much. Thank you, This Very Wiki, for existing.
- Starting to subvert it lately, as I've found this site is not particularly welcoming to people with my belief systems.
- Verbal Tic: I try to avoid using the word like as a verb.
- I have a rather large vocabulary and, more often than not, adhere to the rules of grammar that I learned growing up.note
- You Owe Me: Attempted it and failed. I've stretched my neck out for people time and time again. When it comes time to reciprocate, all I get are a bunch of excuses.