Tropers: Swerve Star
Swerve Star, usually just called Swerve, is a Troper who enjoys Role Playing on forums and obtaining knowledge. He's very kind, but is also quite paranoid and protective. The trope lists require a little construction work, primarily the one about his author avatars.
Unless you're posting a trope, the rest of you can play down here.
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to Swerve Star
- Author Appeal: Likes cute things. Has a cute, semi-chibi style. Also, he thinks kimonos are pretty and bubbles are cute.
- Berserk Button: He has a few. The most prominent one? DON'T HURT HIS SISTER.
- Calling Your Attacks: Something he enjoys.
- Celibate Hero/Chaste Hero: The reason being he doesn't feel ready for a relationship. Though his author avatar is more lenient, he himself tries to avoid romantic relationships. He tends to play dumb, sometimes.
- Cloudcuckoolander: His tendency to say what's on his mind gives the impression of being one.
- Crazy-Prepared: Comes with the paranoia.
- Cross Player: When he Role Plays, he uses his characters from his story "Demon Crescent". Most of his characters are female, so it tends to result in this.
- Determinator: Usually. WILLPOWER FTW!!!
- DeviantArt: He has an account on it.
- Fragile Speedster: He considers himself one. He's fairly weak in some ways IRL, but is proud of his speed and agility.
- Good is not Dumb: 50% of the time, he doesn't trust you. While he's friendly when you get to know him, don't expect him to immediately do so. And he's not afraid to passively insult you...
- Heroic Willpower: His freaking mantra is "WILLPOWER IS THE STRONGEST POWER!!!"
- Insistent Terminology: His name is spelled "Swerve Star", with the second S in capitals, and no spaces. It doesn't appear that he can do that for his troper name, though...
- Loads and Loads of Characters: His series, Demon Crescent, has many, many, MANY characters.
- Nice Guy
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Ultima Dragon. Swerve is Blue, Ultima is Red.
- The Faceless: Only one person he only knows from the Internet has seen his real face, and even then, for a moment. He HAS revealed his real first name, though.
- Verbal Tic: He pretends his "yar" is one.
- Youtube: He has an account here, too.
Tropes that apply only to his author avatar(s)
- Note that all the tropes that apply to the real him apply here.
- A God Am I: Despite this, he's still sorta average in terms of power. The only reason he's a god is because he "created a world". Which world? The one his characters come from; Fanterra.
- Author Avatar: Well... Yeah.
- Determinator: Moreso than in real life. If he's beaten down by several attacks, he'll try to force himself to keep fighting, and he can break his physical limits to a certain point at the cost of getting totally exhausted.
- Flash Step: He does this in his Youkai persona.
- Hammerspace: His Youkai persona is a Gap Youkai/Kyoukai. This is a required skill for them. He gathers various weapons from them.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Each version has their own variation...
- No Sell: Love based attacks have little effect on him, and he's completely immune to seduction. Also, he can resist most forms of mind control.
- Technical Pacifist: Avoids killing. Don't push him on it.
Tropes that apply to his original characters - Arc 1
Baru Sanaku A nice guy who possesses a sword that acts as a plot coupon during Demon Crescent. He is the main character, even if Swerve doesn't draw him much.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half Human, half Charron. A Charron is a type of wolf-man, leaning towards man. It doesn't really show except how his hair is white and naturally spiked, and this is a common trait amongst Charrons.
- Heroes Prefer Swords
- Playing with Fire: Uses Fire Magic to empower his sword.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: His sword, Allister, contains an artificial demon based off of a phoenix. It powers up his Fire Magic.
- Shout-Out: Has moves that are references to Ike's Quick Draw and some of Zero's moves, such as Ryuenjin.
- Sword Beam: Flaming ones!
- The Hero
- Fangirl: Light example, but she definitely loves Manga, especially "Knight of the Stars" and "Dream of Love".
- Light 'em Up: Uses Light Magic and even enhances her weapon with it.
- Non-Elemental: Uses a little "Normal Magic" as well, on occasion.
- The Archer: Includes a Shout-Out with Light Arrows. They're actually more like a Charged Attack than anything special though.
- The Smart Guy: Straight A's!
- Casanova Wannabe: Starts out sort of like this, but eventually simply makes pervy observations without really trying to act on them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Rather balanced compared to other examples in the series.
- Double Weapon: His spear, nicknamed Pointer.
- Establishing Character Moment: He meets up with Baru in the beginning then immediately looks for a girl to flirt with. Said girl is Mari who then uses her rarely used Judo on him.
- Non-Elemental: Uses a little magic of this nature, "Power Magic". It's ironically his only form of ranged attack; "Impact Burst", which lets him thrust an arm to strike distant enemies with a weak burst of energy.
- The Lancer: Literally, even!
- Fanservice: Wears a strapless diagonally cut top that shows off the top of her left breast. If she hates perverts so much, why does she dress like that?
- Full-Contact Magic: Despite being a magic user, she's largely up in your face when she fights and is actually quite powerful in terms of survivability.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Human, half Siren.
- Making a Splash: Uses Water Magic frequently.
- The Big Guy: Surprisingly potent defensively for someone who primarily uses magic.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Apples of any kind.
- Dual Wielding: Bo-Staves, sometimes.
- Good is not Nice
- Half-Human Hybrid: Part Human, part Zaribi. What a Zaribi is supposed to be isn't entirely explained, but it's a race that usually has blue hair and white eyes, like Sasaru.
- Pride: To the point that he generally dislikes working with other people, unless they have the will to kill.
- Simple Staff: Sometimes even two of them!
- Sixth Ranger: Doesn't cooperate well with others.
- The Big Guy: A more offensive version.
- Expy: Initially designed with Hinata Hyuga from Naruto in mind, but as she was developed she became much different. She was supposed to be shy and introverted, but now she's more of easy to scare because she thinks she's weak.
- The Chick
- The Load: Subverted. She's sometimes seen as one, but is the party's healer. She's seen as one because she's so colossally weak, but eventually she realizes that she just doesn't have a weapon that she's good with.
- The Medic: Plays a support role and can heal.
- Unrequited Love: Loves Baru, but their relationship doesn't really develop too well.
- Whip Sword: Once she learns to use a ribbon, she actually has some offensive capability.
Unless you're posting a trope, the rest of you can play down here.
- First vandal! Good Midnight to you, Swerve! —jcruz
- Aha, hey. Though, it wasn't Midnight where I am when you posted it.
- Vandalism is on like Donkey Kong. Reply on my page when you get a chance. (8^) — AlBundyFan365
- Yo, it's KS! Still waiting for them to send my password. — YouMustDie
- Well Hello there Swerve — P Miller 1
By the way, I'm taken your Post Comment, Wild you're going to taked My Folder Plan. — P Miller 1
- Ohai thar :D -Alyss Baraen
- Joining the crew. Greetings! - Amused Troper Guy
- Hey Swerve, Why not make a Characters Page for You Original Character? — P Miller 1