, usually just called Swerve, is a Troper who enjoys Role Playing on forums and obtaining knowledge. He's very kind, but is also quite paranoid and protective.
The trope lists require a little construction work, primarily the one about his author avatars.
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to Swerve Star
- Author Appeal: Likes cute things. Has a cute, semi-chibi style. Also, he thinks kimonos are pretty and bubbles are cute.
- Berserk Button: He has a few. The most prominent one? DON'T HURT HIS SISTER.
- Calling Your Attacks: Something he enjoys.
- Celibate Hero/Chaste Hero: The reason being he doesn't feel ready for a relationship. Though his author avatar is more lenient, he himself tries to avoid romantic relationships. He tends to play dumb, sometimes.
- Cloudcuckoolander: His tendency to say what's on his mind gives the impression of being one.
- Crazy-Prepared: Comes with the paranoia.
- Cross Player: When he Role Plays, he uses his characters from his story "Demon Crescent". Most of his characters are female, so it tends to result in this.
- Determinator: Usually. WILLPOWER FTW!!!
- DeviantArt: He has an account on it.
- Fragile Speedster: He considers himself one. He's fairly weak in some ways IRL, but is proud of his speed and agility.
- Good is not Dumb: 50% of the time, he doesn't trust you. While he's friendly when you get to know him, don't expect him to immediately do so. And he's not afraid to passively insult you...
- Heroic Willpower: His freaking mantra is "WILLPOWER IS THE STRONGEST POWER!!!"
- Insistent Terminology: His name is spelled "Swerve Star", with the second S in capitals, and no spaces. It doesn't appear that he can do that for his troper name, though...
- Loads and Loads of Characters: His series, Demon Crescent, has many, many, MANY characters.
- Nice Guy
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: With Ultima Dragon. Swerve is Blue, Ultima is Red.
- The Faceless: Only one person he only knows from the Internet has seen his real face, and even then, for a moment. He HAS revealed his real first name, though.
- Verbal Tic: He pretends his "yar" is one.
- Youtube: He has an account here, too.
Tropes that apply only to his author avatar(s)
- Note that all the tropes that apply to the real him apply here.
- A God Am I: Despite this, he's still sorta average in terms of power. The only reason he's a god is because he "created a world". Which world? The one his characters come from; Fanterra.
- Author Avatar: Well... Yeah.
- Determinator: Moreso than in real life. If he's beaten down by several attacks, he'll try to force himself to keep fighting, and he can break his physical limits to a certain point at the cost of getting totally exhausted.
- Flash Step: He does this in his Youkai persona.
- Hammerspace: His Youkai persona is a Gap Youkai/Kyoukai. This is a required skill for them. He gathers various weapons from them.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Each version has their own variation...
- Kirby: Ninja Pirate Trickster Kirby
- Human (For Pokémon): Speedy Human Pokemon Trainer
- Youkai (For Touhou): Ninja Pirate God-ish Half-Human Half-Kyoukai
- No Sell: Love based attacks have little effect on him, and he's completely immune to seduction. Also, he can resist most forms of mind control.
- Technical Pacifist: Avoids killing. Don't push him on it.
Tropes that apply to his original characters - Arc 1
A nice guy who possesses a sword
that acts as a plot coupon
during Demon Crescent. He is the main character
, even if Swerve doesn't draw him much.
A straight A student who moved to Baru's hometown of Twilight Village from Faris Town, which is just up north. Loves Manga and fights with a bow and arrow, but occasionally she picks up a sword and knows a little judo.
Baru's old friend who is a lech and a power-based fighter. He uses a two-sided spear.
- Casanova Wannabe: Starts out sort of like this, but eventually simply makes pervy observations without really trying to act on them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Rather balanced compared to other examples in the series.
- Double Weapon: His spear, nicknamed Pointer.
- Establishing Character Moment: He meets up with Baru in the beginning then immediately looks for a girl to flirt with. Said girl is Mari who then uses her rarely used Judo on him.
- Non-Elemental: Uses a little magic of this nature, "Power Magic". It's ironically his only form of ranged attack; "Impact Burst", which lets him thrust an arm to strike distant enemies with a weak burst of energy.
- The Lancer: Literally, even!
An attractive girl who tends to act rather brash. She comes off as mean, but is actually very nice once you get to know her. Attacks with Water Magic.
A boy who is quiet and seen as tough. He doesn't want to have anything to do with weak people. Uses bo-staves and Fire Magic.
A girl who is attracted to Baru. She's extremely weak and has difficulty fighting, and knows it, but that doesn't stop her from trying to help. She knows healing magic that she usually uses to help.
- Expy: Initially designed with Hinata Hyuga from Naruto in mind, but as she was developed she became much different. She was supposed to be shy and introverted, but now she's more of easy to scare because she thinks she's weak.
- The Chick
- The Load: Subverted. She's sometimes seen as one, but is the party's healer. She's seen as one because she's so colossally weak, but eventually she realizes that she just doesn't have a weapon that she's good with.
- The Medic: Plays a support role and can heal.
- Unrequited Love: Loves Baru, but their relationship doesn't really develop too well.
- Whip Sword: Once she learns to use a ribbon, she actually has some offensive capability.
Unless you're posting a trope, the rest of you can play down here.
- First vandal! Good Midnight to you, Swerve! —jcruz
- Aha, hey. Though, it wasn't Midnight where I am when you posted it.
- Vandalism is on like Donkey Kong. Reply on my page when you get a chance. (8^) — AlBundyFan365
- Yo, it's KS! Still waiting for them to send my password. — YouMustDie
- Well Hello there Swerve — P Miller 1
By the way, I'm taken your Post Comment, Wild you're going to taked My Folder Plan. — P Miller 1
- Ohai thar :D -Alyss Baraen
- Joining the crew. Greetings! - Amused Troper Guy
- Hey Swerve, Why not make a Characters Page for You Original Character? — P Miller 1