Far away to the north, beyond the wind-swept Baltic Sea, beyond the realms of men who call themselves civilized
, live the Finns. A technophile people, they will come out in masses to get a piece of the newest gadgets. Despite being on the cutting edge of communication technology, however, they are modest, reserved and unassuming people who rarely talk without having something to say. So it is with Sus, a geek and computer nerd. He has acquired a modest domain in southern Finland, some 70 kilometers from the nation's capitol. There he resides, surrounded by his animal minions, in a self-imposed exile from the bustling capital cities. Sus is a veritable junkyard of completely useless information and spends way
more time reading Wikipedia
(and, lately, this wery Wiki
) than can be considered healthy.
The alias "Sus", apart from being Latin
for an entirely different animal
, is Carelian dialect for "wolf
". This troper picked it up from the movie the Unknown Soldier
, where Sotamies Sus
("private Wolf") was one of the protagonists, the quiet and unassuming counterpart of the rebellious Bad Ass
- Several minor edits, including examples, comments and occasional Grammar Nazism.
Features examples of:
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander (On occasion.)
- Papa Wolf - anyone who would harm my extended family can fully expect to get hit with anything and everything I can get my hands on.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! ...I wonder what it would be like if our universe had two time dimensions instead of one... Now what was I doing, again?
- Drives Like Crazy - Although I usually stay within shouting distance of speed limits, I did once elicit a sarcastic "Whoa, bet you won't dare to run the next curve even faster!" from my passengers. Also, 60 kph on a tiny forest road with a limit of 20. What do you mean station wagons are not supposed to be low-altitude aircraft?
- Wiki Walk (Frequently seen on this very Wiki and That Other Wiki.)
- Mad Scientist - I'm told normal people don't build Jacob's ladders in their homes or homebrew thermite for fun.
- Scary Shiny Glasses - Intentional image-building, here - Wayfarer-style horn-rimmed glasses with photochromatic lenses.
- Badass Longcoat - After coming across the TV Tropes article, I acquired a long, black trenchcoat from a secondhand store. For extra Bad Ass, it was made by the company that supplies the clothes for Finnish military and actually came with a pair of naval officer's sleeve insignia. Together with aforementioned glasses and a black fedora, it projects a 50's-spy-novel -type image.
- Archive Binge - Most notably, This Troper read all of Girl Genius up to the start of 2009 in one sitting. Also frequrently seen on this very Wiki.
- Berserk Button - Anyone casually writing off anti-depressants as "happy pills" or telling people with clinical depression that "they should just pick themselves up" in the presence of this troper will get whacked over the head with Wikipedia, hard.
- Butt Monkey - seriously, if bad luck didn't exist, I would have no luck at all.
- Captain Obvious - I have the unfortunate tendency to sometimes explain, at great length, things that would actually require no explaining at all. Which is why I feature this trope.
- Not Good with People - Animals, especially dogs, take an instant liking to my reserved, non-threatening demeanor. Humans, not so much.
- Salaryman - My day job is a 9-to-5 IT grind, but it's OK.
- Spot of Tea
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud